03CL55AMG

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts
  • Interests:cars and more cars, and hot girls
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 27 May 2019 - 05:45 PM

I have looked in the steering section and found some info regarding the center links for our cars, I haven't had much luck finding a US based shop that can rebuild them...there are a couple far...far away that rebuild them ( new Zealand and Australia ) and as you can imagine shipping cost are very high. Has anybody had any luck matching up a different center link for another vehicle, that is close enough that it will work...something that is available...or perhaps a shop in the US that can rebuild them...thanks for the help.
Forged motor, weisco pistons ,3" exhaust, garret 60 cold/ 70 hot turbo, bosch 1000cc injectors. meth kit. chads intake and header. holly EFI stand alone. *DM intercooler. grimspeed boost controler. stock cam.

#2 87redcat

87redcat

10 years and counting...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,877 posts
  • Interests:Aircraft Mechanic, having the wife tell you its about time you finished MY car...

Posted 27 May 2019 - 06:50 PM

GNT (vender on here) used to rebuild them. Not sure if they do anymore.
Oriellys also used to rebuild them. It was a send it off and wait. Again, not sure if they still do or not.
Havnt seen any other car that uses this centerlink. (Thanks mitsubishi)
Others have used 240sx and other steering racks. Not sure of your mechanical ability cause theres a lot involved
I got blisters on my fingers!!!

#3 03CL55AMG

03CL55AMG

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Posted 27 May 2019 - 10:33 PM

Thanks Redcat...I PMed Duckheads and hopefully they still offer this service.
Forged motor, weisco pistons ,3" exhaust, garret 60 cold/ 70 hot turbo, bosch 1000cc injectors. meth kit. chads intake and header. holly EFI stand alone. *DM intercooler. grimspeed boost controler. stock cam.

#4 Phantom

Phantom

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 04 June 2019 - 10:21 PM

I think everyone was actually using Rare Parts.

http://rareparts.com/

#5 03CL55AMG

03CL55AMG

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Posted 07 June 2019 - 09:02 AM

I pmed Duckheads and they sold there business to someone ....but he had one laying around. Autozone showes the rare parts rebuild on their website..but when you go to the store they cant do it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users