WHERE IS THE FUEL PUMP RELAY?!?!?!?

patra_is_here

Technically, there isn't one.

However, I believe what might point you in the correct direction, is the "main relay" located above the ECU.

Tim

The "main relay" has two circuits...

1) one to provide power for injectors

2) the other, to provide power to fuel pump

(note - unlike most japanese 80's cars, our "relay" doesn't provide power to the fuel pump when key is in "ON" position. It waits until key is in "START" position before providing power to fuel pump. Usually our cars won't start on the first cranking attempt, because it takes some time for our fuel pressure to build up.)

the fuel pump relay is half of the control relay

http://www.b2600turbo.com/images/IM000985.JPG

http://www.b2600turbo.com/images/IM000993.JPG

http://www.b2600turbo.com/images/IM000933.JPG

BW-black/white stripe 01 / (+) output / turns on the Fuel Pump when starter is cranking or engine is running

WR-white/red stripe 02 / (-) input / signal from ECU to activate fuel pump relay after

ign. switch moves from "start" position and engine is running

BR-black/red stripe 03 / (+) output / when ignition "on", this sends power to the injectors

B -black 04 / (-) grounded to body

BY-black/yellow stripe 06 / (+) input / from ign. switch "start" position

this activates a relay that turns on the fuel pump

R -red 05 / (+) output / when ignition "on", this powers the ECU

L -blue 08 / (+) input / from ign. switch "on" position

this activates a relay that powers the ECU and the injectors

B -black 07 / (+) input / fuse link back to Battery positive terminal

Just above the ECU

If I'm right do I get a prize?

Dad

Not from me :D But I will agree with your answer.....but...are you smarter than a 5th grader :shock:

Jimmy

I won a million dollars on the "Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader" home version...where's my check?

That relay right there caused about 2 days of heart ace for me. I unplugged it when changing the ECU, and the relay got pushed under the seat. For 2 Days I tried to get my car to run. I was getting no Spark or Fuel! After switching between ECU's dozens of times I realized There was something missing. After I found it, I Plugged that bad boy in and it started right up.

• 3 months later...
That relay right there caused about 2 days of heart ace for me. I unplugged it when changing the ECU, and the relay got pushed under the seat. For 2 Days I tried to get my car to run. I was getting no Spark or Fuel! After switching between ECU's dozens of times I realized There was something missing. After I found it, I Plugged that bad boy in and it started right up.

Im having a problem with my new fuel pump cutting out then coming back on then cutting out again. Could the relay be the culprit?