Running direct power

Wally Walt

That's dangerous even if its on a switch you control. I though you had an ignition problem? The pump won't stay running after you move the ignition key from start to run after the engine normally starts and the ECU won't keep the pump relay closed to keep the pump turned on if there's no tach signal to the ECU.

i ran a extension cord under the car with zip ties to the fuel pump on a togle switch next to my seat for over 3 months on my first coquest never had a issue even forgot the pump on for a 8hr work day.......yea haha didnt hurt anything...optima wasnt dead

i finally figured out why it wouldnt work.. it was cause the little black box the fuel pump wires come out of was corroded put a new one on wham perfect

Huh i may have to run that even tho i really dont want to just i tried everything and it all checks out all the grounds are good the relays fine and everything. I really hate these cars just not as much as i love them but its becoming a fine line.

OK I understand that are cars are not so fun sometimes but that is no resin to take short cuts or neglect a problem that your having. These cares are 20+ years old and are going to have there problems. Troubleshooting is part of owning one of these cars. Get your nose in that service manual and start isolating. There are lots of good guys on this site that can help. Some more then others use there input to get you started but always follow the service manual to get the right answer. I know some times there is no direct answer from the manual but it was made to help certified mechanics troubleshoot issues.

Fuel is not something to play with ask many of the starquesters on here that have had there cars on fire!!!

Sorry if I over stepped here just dont want to see someone hurt.

Jeff