FUTURE RIMS

VICE

Ok so these are the Chromies I want to slap on the SQ, need to know what kind of spacers I will need for the rear AND if I will need some for the front so SQ gods give me sum formulas.. I want to go 15x8's all around.. Also are these the correct lug pattern I seem to have forgotten what it is..

WHEELS

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They WILL stick out past the fender a LOT

go look at pics of guys running rear 8's up front, they stick out, and that's -10mm, those are -19mm, unless you like your your wheels sticking out past the fender by about 3/4" those won't work on the front. rear would be just fine

But I agree, they are HIDEOUS

NICE I kinda like the tires sticking out of the fender look... I might still get em, so if I want to match the rears with how much the front ones are gonna stick out WITHOUT spacers, what do I need to put in the rears? I want to do something different disregarding peoples comments and opinions and it's just the center caps that look ugly I can put some other ones in there.. Edited by VICE

why would you go from well fitting stock 16" forged aluminum wheels to 15" HEAVY steel wheels? why? did you wish you bought a jeep instead of your sq?

and from my math, the 8" fronts with that backspacing are gonna stick out over an inch. and that's just the rim. i assume you're gonna run something wider than a 205/55/15 so then you tire is gonna stick out even more.

If anyone is interested, I can grab a pic of my Cragar D-Mag steels [same size and backspace as the chromies above] on my widebody tomorrow. I bought them to roll the car around the shop and to mount slicks on for track outings, but I'll most likely be running rear 8s and 9s with the same size tire front and rear for the track.

I'm going to try 15" steelies...but, steelie steels...as in, late 60s mopar 6.5" and 8"s. :P Black with chrome lugnuts of course.

But...yeah...the wheel sticking out from the fender thing was over many many moons ago...and for good reason.

If anyone is interested, I can grab a pic of my Cragar D-Mag steels [same size and backspace as the chromies above] on my widebody tomorrow. I bought them to roll the car around the shop and to mount slicks on for track outings, but I'll most likely be running rear 8s and 9s with the same size tire front and rear for the track.

YES I would like to see those pics post em up..

I think I just threw up a lil Seriously, if you like these more than your factory SHP wheels you need to lay off the ganja for a bit and step back into relatity.

LOL....man he has SHP wheels...If you want chrome just get your shp rims mirror polished..

Wow you guys dont really like those rims huh... So how much would it cost to get my SHP's chromed out anyone know? And what size spacers do I need for the rear tires if I do go wit the 15's? Edited by VICE

If you can find Mark Ventmiller here on the boards, Starquestrims, he can probably polish your wheels and make them 5 times better looking than when they were new. His actual website is no longer active, but here's an archived link to it,

http://web.archive.org/web/20050828185316/...rquestrims.com/

you must have NO CLUE on what will even fit. -44mm offset on a 10" rim HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

good luck my friend, good luck. if you go lower at ALL, your fenders are gonna get demolished, especially if you have the -19 up front, hahahahahahaha

UGH :rolleyes: I honestly feel sorry for your car

come on people, figuring offsets out is NOT that hard, you even have a dedicated thread on what guys have run

Edited by D_Venable

Yeah I don't have offsets and backspacing thru my head yet.. But I got a slight idea on what it would look like and what I am aiming for herre... I understand I won't be able to lower the car if the tires are sticking out, I think it would look SICK in my opinion wit 295's in the rear on a daily driver and it'll launch like crazy and it seems I won't need spacers in either the front or the rear so that is good. If anything when I do the suspension I'll get the Mookeeh Struts and order some stiff shocks OEM height so I won't have no rubbing problems, are there any available or do I have to get a custom order from Ground Control..? MAYBE even lift the rear end an inch or two and go for that Muscle race car look kna mean.. And with these center caps they would look tight. CAPS Edited by VICE

But they don't offer 15x10's that are tucked in I don't think.. Theres gotta be a way to not have that rear end dip so much, it only does it on a launch really so I'm thinking just sitting the rears won't rubb but as soon as I go over some bumps or launch they would..

Or take a turn with a small dip in the middle/crest, which would be quite dangerous at speed.

There's just no way to guarantee that you know of every single dip in the road, crap happens ya know.

Sooner or later, your tires with shred the fenders with rims that size/offset.