valve cover hitting arp head studs?

if you flip it over you'll see a small baffel in the rearto the left(if you're looking at it upside down-front to back).just dremmel off the small part parallel to the mounting surface(about 1.5")and pull it off the little pin.next loof for that little aluminum peice right before the baffel you just cut...it's kinda like a small box just a tad closer to the front(but still in the back)...you gotta cut about 1.5/2" off the aluminum that runs parallel to the side of the v/c.

i can get some pics a little later if you still can't find 'em...it's fairly simple,though...hope this helps :D

Clean the inside of the valve cover, put a dab of grease on the head stud. Then lay the cover back down. Pick up and trim to fit. I had to do this on mine when I changed vavlecovers .

Yeah that's the best way to find where it's contacting. You can use grease, petroleum jelly, or even modeling clay as long as it doesn't get into the engine.

This gets asked pretty often, maybe it should be moved to the FAQ?

i had this problem, there is a cast aluminum piece that protrudes and then a little sheetmetal gaurd for the rear breather tube.

i used this:

http://epics.ecn.purdue.edu/hfh/sub_websites/tutorials/Framing/media/hammerBig.jpg

and when it fits correctly you will know, it seals tightly and nothing leaks, it's so choice.

I just had that exact same problem. Took a dremel to the part that I saw it had made contact with and the problem is gone.

It did take me by surprise as I had never heard of this.

I agree it should be on FAQ's :D

• 1 year later...
I just snapped mine off with a pair of pliers. The aluminum used in the VC's suck

Great minds think alike.

I was about to cut it with a dremel... but then I didn't want to clean up all the metal dust.

Busting it off with pliers took less than 10 seconds, and maybe another 10 seconds to bash in the baffle with the end of the pliers.

-Robert