Roll Cage? Where to buy.

choko

what kinda driving you doing to need a cage anyways?

you have to be 11.9 or faster to have a cage? don't quote me on that!

yeah 800 is steep, i swear it was only like 550 last i looked, maybe the price of stel is up!

anyways a custom cage will cost you about 600, and it has to be FIA approved. I think its FIA im not sure.

if you just want function over looks than i suggest custom

other than that just a 4 point shoud surfise.

• 2 years later...
  • 5 weeks later...
I'm about to install a 6 point cage in my Starion rally car under construction. Has anybody got any detailed photos of a completed installation to assist with the precise anchor points.

• 4 weeks later...
http://s47.photobucket.com/albums/f187/whi...nt=DSC05874.jpg

Curious, why didn't you tie the rear backstays into the strut towers?

I too wondered why blue_crush has done it that way. Here in Australia, the roll cage regulations state it must not extend beyond the rear axle to maintain the original rear crumple zones in the event of a rear end shunt. Also I'm concerned that the rear cross member has been cut to mount the main hoop. Personally I would have plated the cross member & fixed the hoop to the reinforced cross member, not a weakened one. Other than that, its looking great.

I followed the IHRA rule book and diagrams. and technicly im supposed to be using the plate on plate setup. Kinda like making a sandwich ( plate on the top side, cut out the under side to fit a plate and sandwich your cars metal inbetween) but being that the quest doesnt really have much of a frame to start with, i wasnt gunna hack what little metal their is.

I placed the rear bars along the frame rails and drilled out 4 holes and filled them with weld for extra insurance. I did this wherever i could.

Also, the crossmember that i cut a small portion out of, isnt gunna make a damn bit of difference with that cage in their.

If my car breaks out of the 10s then i have to get my cage certified, and tie the front in with the strut towers.