croquest87

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 761 posts
  • Interests:all things mechanical
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 07 January 2018 - 07:35 AM

Hello everyone   Has anyone ever a made any custom perfect fit gaskets for magna intake so we don't have to use rtv and have extra holes and double up on block of plate gasket  l looked up a few companies around me that make gaskets and thought what if l draw up exactly what we need and have them make a few  How many people would be interested in one? Is it worth the effort?

#2 scott87star

scott87star

Technically Challenged, Daily.

• Vendors
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,907 posts
  • Interests:Freezing, thawing, thunderstorms and constant wind.
  • Model:Starion

Posted 07 January 2018 - 08:49 AM

Good chance you could find it at www.megazip.com.
Now selling true plug and play megasquirt!  Absolutely the best value in stand alone ECU's out there.

I can upgrade your Fuel Injection Pro firmware

Performance Coatings!  Pistons, manifolds, bearings and more!

Now a graduate of EFI University!  www.efi101.com

ECU Vendor link:  http://www.starquest...howtopic=137426

#3 croquest87

croquest87

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 761 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 09:20 AM

Hi Scott  l will take a look

Messed around this morning jus tracing and cutting a cardboard box to get good idea what's needed love this felpro material
Here is a picture lol

https://imgur.com/a/mSYAA

#4 croquest87

croquest87

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 761 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 09:48 AM

I found bunch of these but that large coolant port in the back bugs me and they look like paper gaskets vs nice quality felpro material w steel shim in between  l am thinking quality product that bolts on first time and lasts leak free permanently and doesn't have to come from Australia
https://imgur.com/a/A6wrJ

#5 psu_Crash

psu_Crash

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,014 posts
  • Interests:400+ WHP 450+ WTQ!!... and curves with green eyes

Posted 08 January 2018 - 12:10 PM

I ordered a couple magna sets from Australia many years back. They worked well, but I still had to create come filler gasket for the rear port. Getting them shipped from AUS was expensive too!
You make these and I'll buy a couple sets.
'86 Starion, MPI with MS2extra, Ebay To4E 57 Trim (in testing), P&P head, OS SS Valves, Wiseco +.030, ARP head/rod, RPW Roller Cam, Crower Rods,AEM H2O/Meth Injection, Mighty Max CAS 4 Direct Fire Wasted Spark, BSE, Tial 38mm, JDL exhaust mani, HKS turbo timer and EVC3, AEM UEGO, 3" DP into 2 1/2" Dual Exhaust, 85# Delphi's, Magna modded by Chad, Accufab FPR, Walbro 255, D2 Coilovers, GNT Poly Bushings and mounts, Funk-Lock, LED Tails and Dome ... etc^4
2016-17 SCCA Solo Glen Region Champion in Street Modified. Going for a 3-peat this year ;)
87 Valencia Gold TSI, The new Project
My Feedback Link
Posted Image

#6 Bradrock

Bradrock

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 832 posts
  • Interests:Guns, metal working, guns, wrenching, guns,wood working, Gold mining, guns & cool cars.

Posted 08 January 2018 - 12:33 PM

I'd say call FelPro ( On a telephone, no text or email)  & see if you can buy the blank material. I'm sure it's propriatary, so no one else will have the same.
Get some hole punches & make your own. I kind of doubt any company is going to spend the cash to make custom stamps, for the sale of a few dozen gaskets.
But hey.........Call the ones around you that you mention & see what they say. Does not hurt to ask.
Run's with scizzor's

#7 croquest87

croquest87

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 761 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 07:27 PM

Most companies any more use water jets to cut them  it's as simple as altering the cnc program to make what you want.Bradrock we think alike l already contacted felpro through e mail and will keep contact till l get a firm yes or no answer lol  l also have been looking into alternative materials similar to felpros  sh.. if felpro just left the area uncut where the fuel pump block of goes that gasket would be close to perfect.    Will get it done!

#8 Bradrock

Bradrock

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 832 posts
  • Interests:Guns, metal working, guns, wrenching, guns,wood working, Gold mining, guns & cool cars.

Posted 08 January 2018 - 08:56 PM

https://www.youtube....h?v=i_lrPPfUe5w
Run's with scizzor's

#9 croquest87

croquest87

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 761 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 09:16 PM

Awesome video  love that kinda s... they most likely use the same process for our intake gaskets w one piece of metal between two sheets of blue  well will keep trying maybe we find some diferent composite material for our aplication that just needs some precise cutting

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users