My 2JZ Swap

MrSplat

I've started my VVTi 2JZ swap. Have a few question for some that have done it. First, the vacuum pump on the left side of the engine compartment (if looking directly in) needed? Many pics I've seen does not have it there, but yet seems the lines are needed for the brakes. Pic added for help.

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f71/88TurboMR2/28F622D9-8592-42B0-9E96-85C6E728F3FB_zpsryilb78j.jpg

I'm not sure what "vacuum pump" you're referring to but because you say there's brake lines going to it I'm guessing you're referring to the ABS module which you can delete and reroute those brake lines to have no ABS. Your call though.

Alright, so back to the swap. Motor has 101k KM. for now it will remain on stock electronics and turbos. Once everything is working properly, a single with ProEFI will find its way onto it. This was my winter project that wasn't exactly started until a month ago. Car itself is a 88 Fiji Blue with 89k original miles. (Motor is available with transmission and a Southbend). It will be going through a restoration once completed. Overall goa is 600whp and the ability to keep up around these parts of St. Louis. Most have H/C F-bodies.

• 2 weeks later...