chevy lt1 350 4l60e swap

cogquest

just thought I'd update, I got the car started for the first time this week. it starts right up and has a smooth idle even without the 02's. I haven't posted new pics but the engine and trans are now in a better conditioned white car. it sucked pulling the drivetrain but I was able to correct some mistakes and make improvements learned from the yellow car. I still have to run exhaust, driveshaft and what seems like 1000 little things but I can see the finish line. i just learned I have to order a electronic cable drive box from Dakota digital to receive a vss signal from the trans for 300 bucks and that sucks but aside from paint that should be the last big bill. i'll try and post pics later if anyone's interested in checking it out. Edited by cogquest

Cool. Another V8 swap in progress. I did a search and didn't come up with anything on your swap. Do you have a build thread somewhere? Was curious what you did for headers. I can tell they are headers, but that's about it. I haven't figured out what I'm gonna do for my exhaust yet; waiting until I get the engine in and see how much room I have to work with. I know it's tight and aside from block-huggers, I doubt many, if any, aftermarket headers are gonna fit.

I used hedman block huggers with a little reshaping on the last one by the steering box, cut the old motor mount humps off the crossmember and bolted on a mini starter. allot of what I did is in my gallery but ive changed a few things. im waiting for my daughter to help me fig out how to post more pics. I couldn't find your build either, what are working on?

I used hedman block huggers with a little reshaping on the last one by the steering box, cut the old motor mount humps off the crossmember and bolted on a mini starter. allot of what I did is in my gallery but ive changed a few things. im waiting for my daughter to help me fig out how to post more pics. I couldn't find your build either, what are working on?

http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=139157

what oil pan did you use? front sump? rear oem sump?

did you cut the firewall?

I have always wanted this intake on my old sbc, loved the look.

It can be done but the coolant area's are thin and start to crack from what I hear. If they are drilled for sbc use of course.Fine for oem setup.

Get some pics please.

I actually took your advice and used the nova oil pan, I didn't have to cut the firewall but I did have to cut and weld my draglink so its now straight, my driveshaft should be ready tomorrow and my Dakota digital electric cable drive shipped today. ill get more pics and details up tomorrow.

• 2 months later...
I still cant get pics to post but I've been driving the lt1 quest for awhile now (only around a block or 2), I made my own exhaust from a box of random 2.5 mandrel bends from summit after getting 500 dollar quotes and reasons I couldn't have it like I wanted it. I have the duels merging into a 3 inch pipe exiting to a fart can. its surprisingly quiet until you step on it. I couldn't get all the air out the cooling system and it kept overheating until i poured the antifreeze mix directly into the thermostat hole. I still have a lot of odds and ends work left, interior mainly, staying stock except for neon srt4 frnt seats that I cant stop staring at. I will get pics and vids dammit!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
just thought id add a couple updates, i fabbed up a strut tower brace and I installed a walbro 255 today and you could really tell the difference, it pulls harder everwhere. I had my son follow me in his stock 95 mustang on a longer test drive last weekend and of course he couldn't resist (me either) doing a couple rolling runs on the back roads. id jump him about half a car and the quest would fall on its face, im pretty sure the walbro took care of that. it does vibrate from the front when I get to about 60mph, im crawling under it tomorrow to check it out.

• 10 months later...

just thought id add a couple updates, i fabbed up a strut tower brace and I installed a walbro 255 today and you could really tell the difference, it pulls harder everwhere. I had my son follow me in his stock 95 mustang on a longer test drive last weekend and of course he couldn't resist (me either) doing a couple rolling runs on the back roads. id jump him about half a car and the quest would fall on its face, im pretty sure the walbro took care of that. it does vibrate from the front when I get to about 60mph, im crawling under it tomorrow to check it out.

Pics????

• 1 month later...
I just wanted to share a $5 part I ran across at the scrap yard, I have a hard time posting pics but if you google 2000 vw fuse box and hit images you'll see a black power box with a red wire coming out the side. you can run power to 8 different fused sources, its neat, compact, has a lid and fuses. make sure to grab the 3 wire plug because you'll have a plug in 3 power source that runs to 30 amp fuses. I also kept the screw down wires, i cut them as far back as possible. don't bother going to parts galore in 8 mile Detroit, I have all 4 of them from there lol.