JDM Engine Importers NJ, more links

Fuze

Edit: New links added.

I thought you guys might be interested in this, I heard about this JDM engine place last time I was over in Paterson getting some tires mounted. I found the website, and yes these guys are legit. I have seen them at some Formula D events too selling everything from front clips to engine/tranny/ecu's. Located in Kearney NJ.

JDM ENGINE DEPOT

There's now another LDM engine importer local to me here in Clifton NJ, JDM USA.

USA JDM Engine Importer

And another sopt, also located in Clifton NJ

JDM ENgine Zone

Edited by Fuze

Everything is cherry until someone gets a bad motor. You have to be careful with those JDM places, READ THEIR WARRENTY POLICIES. You recieve an engine, install it but don't find out till start up that its defective, companies will give you a hard time taking it back. Not having the motor install a by a "certified Mechanic" can be an issue if problems arise; they can say you did something wrong to have cause the motor to fail since you're not "certified"...still, most guys who buy JDM engines do their own work and those JDM shacks know this.

All I can say is Google the company's name and review their reputation before you drop $2K.

i have talked to the guys through emails and so far they seem legit BUT i have also never bought a motor from a company like this. i originally found their site back in december when i was going to start my 2jz swap but things have been put on hold and have slown down quite abit but still slowly gathering parts for the swap.

What's the big deal? JDM engine importers are a dime a dozen in SoCal. Just in my general area theres at least 6 or more.

I would go JDM only on "hot" engines, those we dont' get in the states. But regular run of the mill engines, I'd buy locally, it's way cheaper. Say for example a '93-6 Galant engine, those guys have it listed at $749, locally I can grab TWO Galant engines for that price.

The other thing, these guys are not dumb, they're running a business. They're not gonna sell Honda Vtec engines, SR20DET engines, 2JZGTE engines or other "hot" highperformance engines with 90 days or 6 months warranty, they know what people are gonna used those engines for, racing of course.

Most Honda motor importers only give you "start up" warranty, guranteed to turn on and be good. That's it. That's what I did at my wrecking yard, all Honda Vtec motors and Mitsubishi turbo motors start up warranty only.

I'm not stupid and give some young punk kid 6 months warranty on a B18C1 or C5 engine. That kid is gonna go racing over the weekend, blow up the engine and be back Monday morning asking for another one under warranty because the other one was "bad." :rolleyes:

You can do a compression check on the engine before you install it. Or ask them to do one.

-Robert

Compression test wont tell you anything about the condition of crank, rods, bearings or smoking valve seals. Besides, I've asked before at a JDM spot in NY and they told me compression test is done in Japan, they don't do it here. That whole "low milage under 55k mile engine" is flase. Some of those engines have well over 75k miles.

Everything is cherry until someone gets a bad motor. You have to be careful with those JDM places, READ THEIR WARRENTY POLICIES.

Of course, buyer beware. That said, there are dozens of local guys running around with swaps from that place. Buying any used motor has it's risks, but if you want an RB26DETT or a 20B triple rotor you might have to take a chance at some point to get our hands on one.

What's the big deal? JDM engine importers are a dime a dozen in SoCal. Just in my general area theres at least 6 or more.

Well, this is in New Jersey, and a lot of ppl are local to this place. Also, the cost to get to NJ from Japan is greater, but the prices are still reasonable. You can go look at what you're buying. I mentioned them because they have been around for years and do support the "scene" at the events here in NJ and PA. Either way there aren't too many places selling JDM front clips.

Edited by Fuze

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

I bought my 1jz/r154 from them, i went there and got to pick my engine out of all they had there. Being able to go there in person was great. Condition varied from engine to engine and the one i picked out was by far the cleanest. Also was able to see them compression test it in person!

Would buy from them again for sure.

• 2 months later...