New T56 flywheels to be made again

Chad

I have been unable to get through to Otis on the T56 flywheels, so I've made contat with Fidanza directly on this, they are willing to sell me another batch of 10 flywheels directly.

I'd like to make this happen very soon as I have had a lot of recent interest, so I see no problem getting together the needed order. Infact, if need-be I'll personly buy any slots that are left over to guarantee a GP will happen.

I need to setup a business account with them which will take a week or tow, and there will be some machine time inovlved too. I'd expect this to take about 1 month, and I can extend it a little if that proves nessesary.

Pricing will be $440 plus shpping in this GP (about $15-20), I'll only be covering my costs. Subsequent purchases after the GP will be priced higher ;)

Please express interest and I will start a list. As we progress, I will setup a deadline and payment process. PM me if you don't want your name on the public list...

1. - un-named member with a bad-$#@ quest.
  2. - csdisme
  3. - Brown
  4. - angryhero46
  5. -
  6. -
  7. -
  8. -
  9. -
  10. -

I have been unable to get through to Otis on the T56 flywheels, so I've made contat with Fidanza directly on this, they are willing to sell me another batch of 10 flywheels directly.

I'd like to make this happen very soon as I have had a lot of recent interest, so I see no problem getting together the needed order. Infact, if need-be I'll personly buy any slots that are left over to guarantee a GP will happen.

I need to setup a business account with them which will take a week or tow, and there will be some machine time inovlved too. I'd expect this to take about 1 month, and I can extend it a little if that proves nessesary.

Pricing will be $440 plus shpping in this GP (about $15-20), I'll only be covering my costs. Subsequent purchases after the GP will be priced higher ;)

Please express interest and I will start a list. As we progress, I will setup a deadline and payment process.

1. -
  2. -
  3. -
  4. -
  5. -
  6. -
  7. -
  8. -
  9. -
  10. -

Would this be for the bellhousing, or an adapter plate like a BR?

The conversion takes many pieces, these include:

my kit:

• block adapter plate to use the stock LT-1 bell housinsg
  • custom rear cross member
  • Custom slave cylinder adapter (to use your stock slave)
  • Custom pinion adapter to use a 1350 u-joint drive shaft on the stock diff.
  • bolt/fastener kit

$450

other parts I don't make:

• LT-1 clutch assembly
  • speedo adapter (if wanted, I can help you find one)
  • custom driveshaft with 1350 Ujoints
  • the tranmision itself

prices vary greatly baised on what you want

And last part ofcourse:

Custom fidanza Flywheel

$440 plus shipping

When everything is purchased, you can expect it to cost anywhere between $2000 and $4000 depending on what auxiliry parts you buy and what you pay for the trans itself. The conversion takes about 4 or 5 hours, more if you dont' have good tools or a good setup. I used floor jack one time, that sucked, rent a trans jack, this thing is HEAVY.

Hi,

Good information, are there any mods that need to be done to the trans tunnel, what about the location of the shifter? Thanks.

The shifter is dead center in the stock location B) Just a small mod to the stock shifter boot and it will slide over the LT-1 stick and look basiclay stock.

there is some hammer work to be done on the pass side of the tunnel, I was able to get it all done with a framing hammer. A sledge woudl have been easier, but not nessesary.

Yes, the accepted standard is 450 ft/lb,but this is all a realitive figure, it's accounting for a 3600 pound GM car. Since our cars are ~15% lighter, you can add about 15% to the ratings (well over 500). This is because we have less inertia, so less drivetrain stress. It's not that hard to find an aftermarket uint rated for 650-750 ft/lb, and still feel 100% stock (streetable), add 15% and you have over 800 ft/lb of reliability.

They can be made to take over 1000 ft/lb if you have the $$$$, there is lots of aftermarket support.

Rebuild kits are only about $300 too, it a common easy to work on trans, the primary reason I chose this over the many other good transmissions out there.

You would be pretty hard pressed to break a stock one, and if you did, there are upgrads out-the-kazoo to choose from.

www.ddperformance.com sells them new and rated to 500 ft/lb for $2495, model # BA7

It also opens up a lot of clutch choices. Myself and Questsi chose a sepc stage-3F, it's very pricey at $600, but it's rated at 800 FT/LB anfd genuinly feels like a stock clutch, in both engagement and peddal pressure. Try that with a stock 240 mm clutch ;).

You can spend a lot of $$ real quick if you only buy the best stuff, but I actualy had no troubles at all with my used bone stock stock GM clutch (came with the trans) holding 23 PSI on a T-4 60-1, and those are cheap.

Are you wanting deposits or anything??

I'm not sure how this will work out, if we can get more than 7, we can do 50% down at time of order. If less than 7, I'll need 100% at time of order to cover the startup costs with Fidanza. When they are done, I'll need any remainder paid in full.

I got the feeling from fidanza that they are ready and eger to make them, so from time of order to having it done and in your hands won't be too long anyway.

For those who want to put this conversion together over steps/time, please get in on this now :thumbsup: , I'll always have the kits avaialbe, you can purchase that stuff later.

Will these have the corrected dimension that the first batch needed, done at fidanza?Has anyone put a T56 kit in a automatic body car yet?

Yes, I already told them the dimensional change to make. It's just the crank pocket needed cut .070" deeper than what was provided.

I don't know of any automatic chassis cars that have had t56's installed, but I have access to one where I could fit it up, the only difference will be the rear cross member since the auto cross member mount bosses are ~6" further back.

The whole process should be quite easy since the trans tunnel probalby needs zero modification. If the car has already been converted to a 5 speed, it would just be a simple parts swap.

I think he was asking if anyone fitted the T56 in an automatic car(body)

yes, my answer was directed to the automatic chassis owners, I'll re-word it a little for clarity.

I was able to get in touch with Otis from midwest turbo, he is still doing business with Fidanza, and he is able/willing to complete this GP. He has better access to fidanza than I and can probably make this happen easier and sooner than I could. Thus I would like to pass it off to Otis.

Otis has already placed the order and has recived some time frame of product availabilty and final cost of the product plus shipping.

They should fit better in the auto cars as the tunnels are bigger.

this is correct, if anyone wants a measurement of how wide the tunnel is in the automatic car let me know

I was able to get in touch with Otis from midwest turbo, he is still doing business with Fidanza, and he is able/willing to complete this GP. He has better access to fidanza than I and can probably make this happen easier and sooner than I could. Thus I would like to pass it off to Otis.

Otis has already placed the order and has recived some time frame of product availabilty and final cost of the product plus shipping.

Should we contact Otis directly then? If so, what would be the best way? (PM, email, phone)

Thanks

Hi! Fellow starquesters,

I have taken over this GP. Here is an update on final pricing and payment.

These flywheels work on all 6 bolt mitsubishi engines: 4G63, 4G54, 4G64(Chads kit only works with wide block 2.6) I have an adapter plate available for narrow block applications.

Cost $450+25 shipping in 48 states(if outside the 48 states email for shipping quote.)

Total $475

Send Money order or check payable to.

Otis Luse

P.O. box 371

Dewitt, IA 52742

Sorry no credit card or paypal. I am not making enough on the flywheels to cover the fees.

Deadline: Friday 6/13/08 (all payments must be recieved by end of day friday.)

Shipping time: I already placed the order for 10 As long as Fidanza meets their time frame flywheels will ship with in 2 weeks of the end of the GP.

****There will be no extension granted on the GP price******

Retail on the flywheels remaining after the GP ends is going to be $499+25 dollars shipping.

*Email is the best way to communicate with me. I have another job so phone communication is still a little tricky. Customers have to leave a message and it could be 4-5 days before you get a response.

Thank you

Otis

sales@midwestturbo.com

I will send a money order on Saturday (I am out of town atm)

Thanks