03CL55AMG

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • Interests:cars and more cars, and hot girls
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 27 March 2019 - 09:51 PM

So the latest is..all the basics check out...compression..crank/cam sync...timing..spark..fuel. but I cant get the car to run, it has run for a few seconds a few times. fuel pressure is good, now what is weird is the last time I tried it ( yesterday )...I turned it over 4 or 5 times and it acted like it wanted to start..but didn't. then I stopped for 3 or 4 minutes...Looking at the fuel enrichment in the tune, then tried it..it fires up and ran for 5 seconds,,,ran good, then died. I am running a Holley EFI stand alone.It almost sound like my fuel delivery is off somewhere...but I am guessing...any Ideas or thoughts are appreciated. thanks.
Forged motor, weisco pistons ,3" exhaust, garret 60 cold/ 70 hot turbo, bosch 1000cc injectors. meth kit. chads intake and header. holly EFI stand alone. *DM intercooler. grimspeed boost controler. stock cam.

#22 Funky Phil

Funky Phil

Super Pooper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,444 posts

Posted 29 March 2019 - 11:11 AM

Sounds like the “performance” shop is maaaayyyyybeeee no to good?
Its a holley, every LS shop on the planet should be able to sort that out.

Hold the pedal to the floor while you crank a few times, then let off while still cranking. See what it does.

If timing was off, it shouldnt be starting.

Edited by Funky Phil, 29 March 2019 - 11:12 AM.

10.95@120mph  https://m.youtube.co...h?v=8Q01UKt5q4U
Built G54B, S364, R154, stock 6-bolt, fireballs

#23 03CL55AMG

03CL55AMG

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 09 April 2019 - 09:31 AM

So ...the no start issue was the fuel pump was priming and showed good pressure on the gauge, but was not powered after cranking. corrected that and she is running. just sorting out a few small things , I will let everyone know once I put some miles on her ...then dyno.
Forged motor, weisco pistons ,3" exhaust, garret 60 cold/ 70 hot turbo, bosch 1000cc injectors. meth kit. chads intake and header. holly EFI stand alone. *DM intercooler. grimspeed boost controler. stock cam.

#24 bha280

bha280

runs with scissors

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts
  • Interests:Stuff, junk, and things
  • Model:Starion

Posted 10 April 2019 - 07:57 AM

Good news, Barkley
1988 Starion 5-speed- AMC head, Schnieder HD springs and 292 cam, Wiseco's, Pauter Rods, adjustable cam gear, ported Evo III 16G, 3" turbo back, lightened/balanced flywheel, polished/balanced crank, SS braided oil and coolant lines for turbo, full hard pipes w/ TurboXS BOV and MBC, Trilogy injectors, MSD blaster 2 coil, 8.5mm wires, stress relieved and ported exhaust manifold, ported intake manifold, LSP 52mm TB, ARP everything, EGR, A/C, and cruise removed, silicon vacuum lines, STB's front and rear, ABS delete, 3" GM MAF-T Gen II, D/S rotors, SS brake lines, Innovate wideband, adjustable FPR, Walbro 255lph fuel pump, AutoMeter boost gauge, GM alternator, SS clutch line, meshies, factory hatch spoiler, mud flaps, Mookeh rear struts and adjustable front inserts, Cosmo dual-spring Coilovers, Mookeh pillow ball camber plates F/R, rebuilt trans, short throw, MSD 6a, poly bushings.

Soon to be in a flatty!

#25 croquest87

croquest87

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,673 posts
  • Interests:all things mechanical

Posted 10 April 2019 - 12:15 PM

Its little things like that when overlooked that will make you run circles.

Glad you got it fixed.

#26 03CL55AMG

03CL55AMG

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 11 April 2019 - 09:48 PM

Thanks Brandon...I was grinning when she fired up. can't wait to put some miles on her.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users