Rebuilding the throttle body and

TSIboostman

trimmed a little of the coolant hose off on the throttle body side, it went up in the air and into my intake so what was going to be a 2 hour job turned into an 8-10 hour project. Removing the lower throttle body is a royal pain in the tail. I also found a vac hose that had nothing connected to it, the one the comes off the left side of the throttle body if you are at the drivers side wheel well. It is kind of hidden and faces the secondary air system. I think I hooked everything up right and it runs great almost like new except for the slight drip coming from the temperature gauge sender, I will Teflon that up but this job was a royal pain in the arse but rebuilding the throttle body makes a difference. Does any one know where that left throttle body nipple hooks to? I just capped it off since I do not know where it goes. Any help would be appreciated, thank you

James

I deleted all my smog stuff and it made the job super easy. Only had 2 vacuum lines to re-attach to the throttle body. Your are right, after rebuild it makes it a whole new car. One of those "I should have done this years ago" type of things. :blink:

yeah thanks for that my vacuum lines are definitely hooked up wrong. I will work them out but first my new exhaust then the vac hoses. I also advanced timing a little and it boosts a little more than it has been I did not advance it much. On stock boost levels that does not hurt anything does it? I kind of got a base and did it off feel. It runs better than It has just wondering if others here run a little more timing and if it could mess anything up? thanks for the help

I think I have most of the vac lines hooked up correctly according to the diagram and the car runs good but I have noticed with a 50/50 solution my car runs around middle to slightly above middle with the fan kicking on at stop signs and/ or in stop and go traffic. When I drive the car it runs at the quarter mark, what could cause this? Should I run more water and/ or water wetter to the antifreeze. thanks

It does act a little different, I also advanced the timing a little to where it quickly hits max boost in 1st gear and then pulls back. I can feel it pull the timing back in so I guess the knock sensor works. It runs like a champ hits max boost in almost every gear quick, which I think is a good thing. I believe my stumbling idle issue to be related to exhaust leaks since I have pretty much eliminated everything else.