Old School MPI Setup?

Anyone seen this setup before? Met this guy with some old Starion parts from when his dad used to race them 15-20yrs ago. He had some pretty nice parts that I'll be snatching up.

Anyway here are pics below:

http://i.imgur.com/oHcpVpr.jpg

Looks like someones experiment that was never completed. Not really a MPI setup but a good Throttle body setup. Wonder if that TB was designed for a blow through application? It would be hard for me to believe that setup was working in a race car. Id have to speak with the dad to see what is really there and what was the thoughts behind it.

What other cool parts did he have?

MPI means multi port injection. It will have at least one dedicated injector per cylinder near the head on the intake or in the head. The injectors on a MPI system can't feed other cylinders. Just the one they are connected to.

You are looking at an older bolt on fuel injection conversion for carbed motors. It's a TBI setup and you can still find setups like that today. TBI isn't as efficient as MPI but does adapt to changing situations better than a carb.

His dad was there he was the one telling me about it. He used it to race back in the 90's and early 2000's in puerto rico. He said some guy in Florida modified the intake manifold.

They had a built cylinder head with an nissan distrubter with AEM bits. A few Schneider cams. Some other old school aftermarket parts.