new members in the for sale forums

travs87tsi

I would like to see newer members with less than ~100 posts (real posts bs posts wouldnt count) not be able to post in any of the for sale forums. when i say for sale forums i mean parts/vehicles/gp/ebay notices. i would let them post in items wanted so if a new member gets a quest they can get it or keep it going

This would keep some of the scammers and people who come on here for no other reason than to sell stuff out.

I would also like to see anyone who posts to part out a car without anything being wrong with it banned for life. The only reason for members to put up with parting a car is for 3 reasons 1. a serious wreck. 2. serious rust. 3. registration problems. yep I'm talking about you movin on.

what are your opinions?

Edited by travs87tsi

Good points...I think in time if every loyal quester could chip in like $50 or $100 to a Starquest Rescue Fund or SRF...I would rather pay some chump 2k and give it to a loyal member who maybe needs a hand then see it get parted out for sure..If these cars are to last into the next 25 years or so we need to start thinking conservation...

Just my 2.6 cents worth

Edited by BrazilBoy

Good points...I think in time if every loyal quester could chip in like $50 or $100 to a Starquest Rescue Fund or SRF...I would rather pay some chump 2k and give it to a loyal member who maybe needs a hand then see it get parted out for sure..If these cars are to last into the next 25 years or so we need to start thinking conservation...

Just my 2.6 cents worth

i nominate myself as treasurer ;)

i just meant holding the money :)

its a great idea in theory but i can see a situation like "too many cooks in the kitchen" arising.

Good point I have a backup plan but I am not ready to reveal it just yet....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I can understand not letting them post items for sale to some degree and also the not wanting to see quests parted out, but let them post and buy cars/parts from people in the for sale sections and the GP section. Those are good places to get parts and even a little info on what they may be needing if they are new to the quest game as I am. Not every newbie here is just here to "woman of ill repute" out their stuff and move on. Shouldnt punish all newbs for the crimes of a few. You'd also have to be more definative of "real posts" vs. "BS posts" I have a friend who is haveing this trouble on a DSM site that he recently joined because the childish acting moderators of that site think just because he doesnt have x number of post he cant give any advice, sell stuff, or be a real part of the site, what they dont know is the guy has had DSM's for more than 10 years and can build the heck out of em. He sees people post that they need parts that he has and would sell them to help them fix their cars, but cant because of the rules of the site. From an outside perspective of that incident, I dont want to see the same thing happen to new members here and in turn they feel unwelcome move on think everyone here is a bunch of jerks and the site eventually will suffer from it. I guess my point is, some rules, yes, but dont be so harsh about it, thats its not worth the hassle for new members.

BC_99

Edited by BC_99