it's a bling thing

IntercooledFlatty

while some will work to achieve the best one can get out of a fine example as this, they aren't the type to show it off. that's where i come in :D because i LOVE to see the result of the bustin of ones balls to get a project to this kind of level. i present to you, Dusty , a 1989 SHP Conquest that has been carefully hand crafted to a finely tuned razors edge of a quest that is as fast as how stunning it looks. From the brilliant shine of the R04 paint, the countless hours of planning/fabbing and adding all that BLING, to the softness of the Black Straightline cloth interior, this quest is the shizznet yO and i just wanted to show it off because i know SOTTY wouldn't boast about it like i am. i believe a kind word is due when this much work turns into such a nice outcome. enjoy ye quest bruthaZ, and congrats to SOTTY for an outstanding job ;)

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s263/aiche_photos/quests%20and%20parts/SAM_0862.jpg

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s263/aiche_photos/quests%20and%20parts/SAM_0863.jpg

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s263/aiche_photos/quests%20and%20parts/SAM_0864.jpg

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s263/aiche_photos/quests%20and%20parts/a7686.jpg

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s263/aiche_photos/quests%20and%20parts/SAM_0869.jpg

... stay thirsty my friends :P

Oh my ! hey guys thanks for the nice complements , makes all the hours , brain storming and busted knuckles very worthwhile and to answer Phils ^ question i have a spare "built" back up engine that we may actually drop in the chrome vat , brief history of this resto , back in 2008 i was looking for a 88 0r 89 shp to do a resto on and was searching all over the u.s for the right car , the car you see now turned up 2 miles from my home on Craigs list here in Las vegas , i could have walked to the sellers house it was that close-by ! true story , a 1 owner 79,000 mile shp car , the previous owner bought it new in New Mexico on his 16th birthday and had always kept it garaged , when he moved to Las vegas he brought the Conquest with him .

As the years went on he got married and i'm thinking his new wife gave the poor guy the "pressure" to sell the Japanese ornament in the corner of the garage.

Early in 2009 i bought the car , it was in overall good condition but not great but the straight line black cloth interior was in "mint" condition, turbo was blown (replaced it with a 17c) and needed some cylinder head work and much of the steering components needed replaced , the body was full of little dings and rear fender had a big ol dent in it, In 2010 i stripped "Dusty" down , waaaaaay down , glass out down and had Miguel at "California auto body and paint" in Lv take care of the bodywork and new paint tasks , Miguel even re-did the top fender pinstripes which the car came with originally ,in my opinion and others he did a better job than Mitsubishi did the first time ! the guy is one hell of a painter ! during 2010 and 2011 i did a little chrome here and there however after Mesquite 2011 it was "bling" game on !..i stripped Dusty down yet again and my friend Jamie "bling girl" went to work , i had her triple chrome plate ANYTHING and EVERYTHING from the intercooler (even the a/c fan shround didn't escape)to the firewall , anything aluminum she polished to look like chrome and to finish off we accented the bling with either brass or gold anodized parts, the HKS aircan (now triple chromed) was sourced and supplied by my brutha Harry/intercooled flatty who also came up with a few other cool items for Dusty's build, THANKS BRUTHA ! i didn't want to use the orig HKS plumbing so a "custom"angled just right 3" pipe was employed with help with this task coming from another homie ScottyDont , this allowed the HKS can to sit way low picking up air from the front as well as the side and made the now chromed *DM steel hardpipes sit low and right ,a sr13 rad was employed for cooling duties using the stock mounting holes and welded on some brackets, i hated the way it looked so cut those top mounting pins off and figured out a 701/2 to 73 Camaro blingy rad support cover would cover it up and a little drilling and Dremel work later it was on , the pics don't tell the full story , come to Mesquite in 2013 and see for yourself and Harry it was real nice of you to post these pix up , thanks mang ! the car now runs A new 14g (polished of course) a very rare 80's HKS full exhaust system and a few other "go faster " bits and runs STRONG ! , the last items that went on where Nickofabs (a.k.a the Lexan Texan) roof spoiler , thanks Nick and a chrome battery cover i fabbed up last week as seen in the second engine pic, anyway i'm rambling, iv'e been under that red 83 hood for a year now and it's time to drive Dusty once more , thanks again for the nice comments peeps ! Scotty

Edited by SOTTY