RE: going out to eat/drinks with people who are always using their phone

patra_is_here

Yo, I'm glad I'm not on the dating scene anymore. Cuz the younger peeps I know tell me stories of people on dates sitting across the table from each other texting other people. Sonds like a really lame time.

I've had conversations with people who told of stories of partners aswering text messages or checking facebook during sex! I think I would get up and leave if that would happen.

I'm going out with friends soon, I may try this challenge as well.

if your date is on her phone all night long perhaps you're boring.

Not really. Could be that they lack the social skills to interact with people face to face and one on one.

Young people today are growing up in a really strange and new frontier, where technology is constant and human social interaction takes place through technology.

It's gonna take a generation or two to figure out how to deal with the side affects of technology on human social behavior.

People think the world will end without their mobile phones. Really sad it has come to this. Mobile phones, social networks. I read the quick way to end your career, get a Twitter account. I set up the booty call ealier. That way she can leave a message if she can't be there. Then she owes me big time.

It seems there is always one person on the airplane who must be told 4+ times to turn their phone off.

I finally have to bite the bullet and get a smart phone. Still in the dark ages because I refuse to be attached to it. But now the inevitable is taking place where I must have it for business. Looks like a Galaxy S III for me next week.

It seems there is always one person on the airplane who must be told 4+ times to turn their phone off.

I finally have to bite the bullet and get a smart phone. Still in the dark ages because I refuse to be attached to it. But now the inevitable is taking place where I must have it for business. Looks like a Galaxy S III for me next week.

Necessity over personal satisfaction. Big difference.

if your date is on her phone all night long perhaps you're boring.

Evidently you don't like young chicks ;)

So I tried this..... can't even get the ladies to even agree to it, they won't even let them go to set them down in the middle of the table.

It shoudn't be illegal to build a blocking device.... I so would.

Evidently you don't like young chicks ;)

So I tried this..... can't even get the ladies to even agree to it, they won't even let them go to set them down in the middle of the table.

It shoudn't be illegal to build a blocking device.... I so would.

well I had to 'sell' it to the group the first time. like "hey all, we're all here to hang out with each other, so why don't we act like considerate adults and stay off the phone. " then I explained the contest.

well I had to 'sell' it to the group the first time. like "hey all, we're all here to hang out with each other, so why don't we act like considerate adults and stay off the phone. " then I explained the contest.

O well "considerate adults" was not fling with these girls...won't even give them ladies. I do think that's part of the problem though.... they just see nothing wroing with it. On the flip side..... they loved the rattle chromed basketball pole + Great Lakes Xmas ale (Xmas in July party)

I've been practicing this for a while. It's usually one sided, but I've been leaving my phone in the car when I take a lady out. Most find it very respectful and tend to be less on their phone as a result.

haha I always tease my gf about how she can often times check her phone.

Though, she works in marketing, so the variety of tweets, emails and texts she recieves from coworkers and promoters and businesses is retarded

Well I don't have any date or dinner cell phone stories, but I do some part time work for a guy who pretty much has his phone glued to his ear all day. Once, we were talking about some super hot job that had to be done like yesterday, and he got a call, answered it and proceeded to ignore me. This was not the first time something like that happened, so after 5 minutes of waiting for him, I got in my car and went home. He called me an hour later to see where I went, and I told him that I understand he is a business man, but so am I, and my business doesn't involve standing around waiting for people to get off the phone I told him that if his projects aren't worth calling someone back in a few minutes after getting me lined up, then they must not be that important.

That was 6 months ago, and since then he won't even answer his phone when we are talking.

I bet it would work the same if you just got up and walked away in the middle of dinner- especially if you're their ride LOL.

Edited by Burton

I bet it would work the same if you just got up and walked away in the middle of dinner- especially if you're their ride LOL.

Naaa, they would just text all their friends about what a d*** you are.... 30 min later after they notice you left that is.

Keith