Staggered ENKEI meshies

I sincerely hope that the no class as*hole who went behind my back for these wheels is not a member here. That would be very disappointing for sure

so an auction is a first come first served basis? i thought it was whoever bid the highest wins the item :confused0024: ...by the way i have no interest in these so it wasn't me :biggrinumbrella1:

I sincerely hope that the no class as*hole who went behind my back for these wheels is not a member here. That would be very disappointing for sure
This has happened to me in the past also, its sucks !, sadly its best just to say/post nothing that your showing an interest in a certain item so the vultures dont swoop !, sorry man, i feel for you, wasnt me either, i dont play those low life games.

"you win some, you lose some" thats the way it goes sometimes. starting friction here on the site would be a bad idea. did you think that someone may have had the same desire for them as you?

Yes the auctions are first come... etc..., not contact the seller off ebay w/ an offer and make a deal so the item comes off before the bid time is over. but I've also so learned of karma when those pull such stunts. And to Palermo, I agree it's an open process on Ebay, however when another member is interested, generally I take the time to contact them and gauge the level of interest and what their top $$, is in a civilized way so we don't end up bidding against one another and generally pay too much. I'v done this w/ my vintage bikes and have made a few internet friends by being above board. As far as creating friction, I was upfront on the board with my intentions right after the original post was made. You seem a bit sensitive.

And to Palermo, I agree it's an open process on Ebay, however when another member is interested, generally I take the time to contact them and gauge the level of interest and what their top $$, is in a civilized way so we don't end up bidding against one another and generally pay too much. I'v done this w/ my vintage bikes and have made a few internet friends by being above board. As far as creating friction, I was upfront on the board with my intentions right after the original post was made. You seem a bit sensitive.

the way i see it is that ebay is just a way for things to be seen by alot of people and especially when you have something rare. if you had your heart set on those wheels and just couldnt live life w/o them, you should have contacted him and given him your best offer. instead, you rolled the dice a decided to wait till the end of the auction, learning lesson for you. as far as the seller goes, he wants to sell the item not get bids and have people flake out. if your selling something and someone gives you an offer that jives with the price you had in your head and they are willing to pay immediatly.... its a no brainer. dont cry about "fairness" because life is just simply not fair especially when it has to do with rare parts. money talks!

not sure where you get the part about me being sensitive? i didnt buy the wheels if thats what you were getting at.

• 2 weeks later...

I would sell them off eBay to save fees.... if you end it early you only pay for the insertion fee. If you listed them there and sold them there, it would be an insertion fee + final value fee..

Read up - the FVF is where eBay makes their dough..