Euro/JDM taillight mod

Kudos to Josh (Red 88TSI) for posting how to rewire US lights to function as Aussie (but still keeping US lights):

http://www.starquestclub.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=37443

But if you have the actual Euro/JDM lights with the separate amber turn signals, here is the procedure for those.

http://www.beyonddarwin.com/starion/JDMtail.html

http://www.beyonddarwin.com/starion/intlightingpics/JDMYO.jpg

Edited by Austin88ESiR

• 9 months later...
hi.. have installed a set of euro lights on mi quest and was able to make work everithing except the turn lights ,hazards work ok,, but no turn lights right or left they stay lit when you try them wont flash ,,, have follow the procedure of the web site but no luck at that point, does anibody? hve made the the mod and work 100% ??? PLEASE NEED HELP on this.. (turn lights were working 100% before the mod) also replaced the flasher unit with a heavy duty electronic one.. Edited by BORIQUEST87TSI

hi.. have installed a set of euro lights on mi quest and was able to make work everithing except the turn lights ,hazards work ok,, but no turn lights right or left they stay lit when you try them wont flash ,,, have follow the procedure of the web site but no luck at that point, does anibody? hve made the the mod and work 100% ??? PLEASE NEED HELP on this.. (turn lights were working 100% before the mod) also replaced the flasher unit with a heavy duty electronic one..
The info I have posted on my site works. Double check the wiring and also remember to cut the wire from the hazards at the switch.

Edit: Which procedure are you following? Josh's only works for domestic tail lights which has all red lenses. My procedure is for the tail lights with the separate amber turn signals. The two procedures are not interchangeable due to the differences in the pinouts of the wiring harnesses.

Edited by Austin88ESiR

The info I have posted on my site works. Double check the wiring and also remember to cut the wire from the hazards at the switch.

Edit: Which procedure are you following? Josh's only works for domestic tail lights which has all red lenses. My procedure is for the tail lights with the separate amber turn signals. The two procedures are not interchangeable due to the differences in the pinouts of the wiring harnesses.

hi austin ,, yes its for the euro amber corners ones, and yes have cut it the wire on hazard switch you specified on the tutorial,, everithing works running lights brake lights etc.. hazards ok but no turn lights? can you drop me ani ideas on this? when you activate the turn ligths theylight up but dont flash.. so all the remaining functions works so it could still be wiring? any chance that you can make me one of those harness? il gladly will pay for it , i was searching for a set of these for long time and want them to function properly.... let me know thanks.

Sounds like a flasher unit problem. Did you get the EL-12 flasher, that's the one most of us who have put in a new one have gone to? Might have just got a defective one, hopefully.

have tried both flashers the stock one and the new one but same results , turn lights were working before the the swap..

have tried both flashers the stock one and the new one but same results , turn lights were working before the the swap..

Well, the stock one is load based, and it normally runs 2 bulbs, so if you only have one hooked to it, then that'll probably cause it to stay on constant, especially if you've put LED bulbs in.

Which Electronic flasher did you get?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
When i put US lights on my car (done it with 2 cars now) ive used the exsisting bulb holders so all the wiring stays the same. Ive found swapping in overseas bulb holders makes things stop working.
The bulb holders were the same, the were just wired to run as 1156 in an 1157 set up. I changed out the pig tails because they were not set up for running/brake lights. The turn indicators should have stayed the same. The fact that his hazzards work and his turn indicators come on but don't flash points to something else. Without actually being there to test things, I am at a loss for suggestions.

• 2 months later...
The bulb holders were the same, the were just wired to run as 1156 in an 1157 set up. I changed out the pig tails because they were not set up for running/brake lights. The turn indicators should have stayed the same. The fact that his hazzards work and his turn indicators come on but don't flash points to something else. Without actually being there to test things, I am at a loss for suggestions.
Hello guys can somebody post the "Josh Tail lites mod" for some reason the link in NLA or does not work? Im trying to convert it to a PDF file for my self. thanks in advance RC