Feeler... "Auto Down Window Switch Mod" for non-auto switches!

natallica

I've had this idea for a while and my father-in-law insists he can help me with it. It would be a 2 part offering (if all goes as planned) Just want to know if you guys may be interested in something like this.

Switch service would entail sending me your switch(es) for this refirb (return shipping cost would be included in my price to do the switch, initial shipping to me would be the buyers responsibility):

• Custom circuit installed to allow a standard window switch to operate like the coveted 89 Auto Down switch!
  • A simple respray coat of metallic black paint to make the switch plate appear new.
  • New "Clear" decals installed in one of 2 colors OEM "Star Wars" Orange or White to replace the worn off the factory painted areas.

I just want to get an idea whether or not this is worth pursuing. I already have a schematic worked up and just need to do final testing to be sure it works as intended. I was told that this couldn;t be done by other clubberz but I have to at least try it, there is a lot of people looking for this feature and the 89 switches are hard to come by, as we all know.

Just chime in on this thread, and if there is enough interest I will seriously consider doing it . I'm guessing for the supplies, circuits, wiring, painting, decals and return shipping... it may be in the neighborhood of around $50 per switch but that has yet to be determined so it's not etched in stone.

Lemme know what your thoughts are guys, and please be truthful whether or not you would seriously consider buying. I get a boatload of "I'm in" or "put me down for 2!" comments on my feelers but about 10% actually end up buying so if you're serious please let me know. :)

Thanks guys!

-N8

It would only be auto down...sorry Toadie but the last thread we need is for you to text an emergency "Help! I got my neck caught in my Quests window because I was too comfortable not having to hold the button down and I wanted to watch my wanna-be burnout!". Thanks, I'll be sure to Plasti-Dip or POR15 yours! :)

-N8

• Like 1

Could one of you guys post a pic of an 89 switch? If I remember right it says "Auto" in the center between up and down, but I want to be sure...just in case this works...going on the breadboard soon!

-N8

^^^^^ looks like mine. all the paint is rubbed off the actual switch. was like that when i got it. never seen what it is supposed to say. Edited by wrngwae

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...