I'm new

AshyBone

Hello everyone my name is Chris. My user name comes from my good ol days as an "urban artist" for those who may be wondering. :D I'm new to this forum but in no way new to car forums. I'm almost 22, a certified mechanic currently one class away from getting an associates degree and then going into engineering after. (Still kinda undecided between mechanical or electrical.)

Now that my personal introduction is out of the way its time to talk about what really matters. Cars. These are my current headac.... Projects.

http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k637/AshyBone_VR4/Brothers.jpg

3000GT VR4 (his name is Storm) and my cousins Eclipse GSX (His name will be Morque) I just got Storm running but now there's an oil leak coming from the stock, old, oil cooler line; so I'll be replacing that system after I get a stroker kit for the 6 bolt block going into the eclipse.

I've been wanting a Starion ever since I saw my cousins, ex girlfriends, dads. It was a Gold Conquest. A few years latter I saw a black one at a local shop that's still sitting there till this day. I kinda forgot about the car and focused on the problems at hand. One day my friend took my for a ride in his 240 doing a lil drift action. I figured with the light weight of the starion plus the rear wheel drive powered by one of the biggest four banger engines mated with a bigger turbo would be the perfect drifter. So now I want one again. There's one in my town on craigslist that I've been thinking about (since that shop doesn't want to sell the one that has been sitting for years) But I gotta get at least the Eclipse engine internals first.

Thanks for reading my thread guys. I'll be doing alot of reading and keeping an eye on the for sale section.

Edited by AshyBone

Welcome to the site, ummm....starions arent exactly "light weight" in stock form, but can be put on a diet to be made lighter. I think if you look around you may find a few cars in your area to choose from and possibly some other members to help you in your search. Good luck,

BC_99

Thank you for the tips. And when I said light I meant light to me lol. I'm used to the titanic weight of the vr4. Even the eclipse is 3600 lbs. I think I read on wiki that these cars are about 2800 lbs for the narrow body and 3000 for the wide body. I should be able to drop a couple hundred pounds and then I'd be happy.

Your engine bay all custom? I've haven't found any good kits for these cars yet that aren't "universal" fits.

Edited by AshyBone

Welcome to the forums. Your weight figures are correct, and you can in fact remove quite alot of weight from these cars. Currently my flatty is undergoing quite a bit of weight reduction. I have yet to weight it but my guess is somewhere around 2,600 lbs. I have more plans for further weight reduction so ill be trying to see how light i can get it.

Regardless though these cars are great, by far my favorite car ever. They can be rather frustrating but also super rewarding cars to own.

Allen

• Like 1

Weight is relative. Yes, if you are coming from a eclipse or a 3000GT that the Quest is a lightweight! Welcome to the board. Lots of good people and information. Hit up the FAQ section, download the service manual and let r rip. As mentioned, you can put her on a diet and drop 200 lbs pretty easily.

Thanks guys for the warm welcome. I want to get a wide body if I can find one. I'm well aware that these cars can be frustrating but insanly rewarding. I've come to terms that that's how all FAST mitsubishis sub evo 8/7 are. Actually Those cars might be frustrating too, I don't know, outside of oil changes I don't mess with anything newer then 97... Yet.

How's the aftermarket for these cars?

Edited by AshyBone