• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,010 posts
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 02 November 2008 - 07:47 PM

QUOTE (FuelinjectionPro @ Oct 13 2008, 09:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have a drawing I will post.
Ed

i would like this pinout as well.  could be most helpfull in some cases.

ive got this same tach signal problem that boho has.  i even replaced the tach signal wire with shielded wire and also moved this wire away from anything as best possible. gave the car an axsload of grounds and nothing has helped.  using fc-1s to control mpi. with caravan module.  any tips or tricks to get rid of the erratic tach signal.
some good mpi info that may help someone.
mpi stuff

life is like a roll of toilet paper. the closer you get to the end-the faster it goes.

#42 desert_starion

desert_starion

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 611 posts
  • Model:Starion

Posted 07 November 2008 - 11:24 AM

I ran into a problem where both the Fuel/ignition computers were not blinking during crank time and the engine would not start until I sprayed starting fluid in the manifold and once the engine cranked the fuel/ignition computers started blinking and engine ran find, so I rewired the computers giving them their own power/ground, now the computers blink but i still have starting issues, still using the starting fluid. Whats the deal?
In order to get below results, you must set your walet on FIRE!

#43 Chad

Chad

noob

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,182 posts
  • Interests:Starquest Fanatic

Posted 07 November 2008 - 12:15 PM

how fresh is the battery?  I've found on some other systems that a low battery will cause cranking voltage to drop so low that the ECU/ignitor can't function propeprly.   It will work, but only intermitantly and spark will be too weak to fire on air/fuel alone (so the starter fluid is needed).

Once running, the alternator bumps the voltage up so the low voltage weak spark problem is gone.

#44 zactek

zactek

Artistic Technician

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,935 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 09:06 AM

What's the best setting to leave (in EGO feedback, on the "enrichments" page, on the "ignition events per step" line), after you've done everything else, and finished up your VE table?? 32?? 64? 72?

Thanks, Zack

Edited by zactek, 09 November 2008 - 09:07 AM.

Life's too short to be like everyone else.
Savour kindness because cruelty is always possible later.............

Posted Image
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

#45 Dcrasta

Dcrasta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,359 posts
  • Interests:Starquests forever!

Posted 09 November 2008 - 06:36 PM

FIP Pro Pinout-

CLICK My CAR For Mods Info
Posted ImagePosted Image
MY_CAR_RUNS_ON_PARTS_FROM_DAD            
Downloadable-88-FSM
Professor-Q's_FAQ

#46 83TechMaster

83TechMaster

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts
  • Interests:Speed Kills Drive a honda and live forever!

Posted 24 December 2008 - 12:10 PM

Can a mod make this sticky plz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ed asked that all FIP ?s be posted here
83 Starion, 3in exh, ACT Clutch, light FW, JE's .040, Ported Marnal, TEP Cam, arp bolts, FIP PRO3 Fuel/iginition system,SFP Header,T04B V-Trim, Mallory HyFire, water/alc, turboxs bov,O-Ringed Block, turbonetics evolution w/g, NOS
Posted Image

#47 87TurboRaider

87TurboRaider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Interests:Keep the turbo spooled!
  • Model:Other

Posted 25 December 2008 - 11:57 AM

Hi Ed,

Great to see you're back. I tried contacting you or Scott for a while earlier this year but I didn't know you were away.

The FIP is still running strong. I did want to know what Scott uses in his pickup to raise his idle when cold, and when the A/C is running. I know he told me when I was at your shop, but I forgot what he said.

I hope you and Scott have a wonderful holiday.

Angel Carlo
1987 Dodge Raider rebuilt Quest block bored .040 over put together, and installed by Shelby. 5spd, '87 stock turbo, Intercooled, 2.5" exhaust. MPI with hard pipes, FIP Pro-4, MSextra MS1.

#48 87TurboRaider

87TurboRaider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 06:28 PM

Ed or anyone, I have a problem with my O2 sensor. It's a 3 wire Bosch which is less than a year old. My problem is when I'm at certain throttle position the O2 doesn't read. I either let off the gas or give it gas and it starts to read. It reads while idleing and when accelerating. I checked the TPS and found that it was giving erratic voltages when i slowly moved it. I changed it out and in MS 1 I calibrated the TPS. I left everything else the way you (ED) set it. What could be making the O2 do that? I have it in the stock position of the down pipe. I thought about moving it lower on the pipe further from the turbo to see if it helps. If that's not necessary, I'll leave it where it is. One other thing, since I changed out the TPS, it seems to be worse. I don't know if that's the culprit or coincidence. The Raider runs fine other wise but my fuel economy sucks.

Thanks,

Angel Carlo
1987 Dodge Raider rebuilt Quest block bored .040 over put together, and installed by Shelby. 5spd, '87 stock turbo, Intercooled, 2.5" exhaust. MPI with hard pipes, FIP Pro-4, MSextra MS1.

#49 pure_insanity

pure_insanity

comfotably content

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,010 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 01:44 AM

QUOTE (87TurboRaider @ Jan 3 2009, 06:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ed or anyone, I have a problem with my O2 sensor. It's a 3 wire Bosch which is less than a year old. My problem is when I'm at certain throttle position the O2 doesn't read. I either let off the gas or give it gas and it starts to read. It reads while idleing and when accelerating. I checked the TPS and found that it was giving erratic voltages when i slowly moved it. I changed it out and in MS 1 I calibrated the TPS. I left everything else the way you (ED) set it. What could be making the O2 do that? I have it in the stock position of the down pipe. I thought about moving it lower on the pipe further from the turbo to see if it helps. If that's not necessary, I'll leave it where it is. One other thing, since I changed out the TPS, it seems to be worse. I don't know if that's the culprit or coincidence. The Raider runs fine other wise but my fuel economy sucks.

Thanks,

Angel Carlo

thats just a flakey o2 sensor.  go to the junkyard and get yourself a factory one from some ford product and youll be back in buisness.   the o2 is totally seperate of the ms system and the tps.

mpi stuff

life is like a roll of toilet paper. the closer you get to the end-the faster it goes.

#50 87TurboRaider

87TurboRaider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 11:20 AM

QUOTE (pure_insanity @ Jan 4 2009, 01:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
thats just a flakey o2 sensor.  go to the junkyard and get yourself a factory one from some ford product and youll be back in buisness.   the o2 is totally seperate of the ms system and the tps.

You prefer a Ford O2 then a stock mitsu? It doesn't matter if it's from an 8 cyl or 4?

Thanks.

#51 pure_insanity

pure_insanity

comfotably content

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,010 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 12:54 PM

nope, it doesnt seem to matter.  im no expert and im sure there are people who will disagree with me but im running ford 4 wire sensors on all of my vehicles.  the stock mitsu works ok, except its just a one wire. the 3 and 4 wire seem to work great but ive had nothing but trouble out of the bosch sensors.  i stared going to the junkyard and getting the factory ford sensors and havent had trouble in a couple years now.  
to my understanding all narrow band o2's read from 0-1volt.  so it wouldnt matter where it came from. the only difference ive found is how they attatch to the pipe.  a flange or threads.
mpi stuff

#52 87TurboRaider

87TurboRaider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 01:04 PM

QUOTE (pure_insanity @ Jan 4 2009, 12:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
nope, it doesnt seem to matter.  im no expert and im sure there are people who will disagree with me but im running ford 4 wire sensors on all of my vehicles.  the stock mitsu works ok, except its just a one wire. the 3 and 4 wire seem to work great but ive had nothing but trouble out of the bosch sensors.  i stared going to the junkyard and getting the factory ford sensors and havent had trouble in a couple years now.  
to my understanding all narrow band o2's read from 0-1volt.  so it wouldnt matter where it came from. the only difference ive found is how they attatch to the pipe.  a flange or threads.

I also have problems with the Bosch 02 sensors. The one I have on now is the 2nd in less then 3 years. As for the 4 wire Ford's, besides the signal and heater wire, what are the others for?

#53 DSM RSM 89conquest

DSM RSM 89conquest

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Interests:Formula 1,WRC,rebuilding my p.o.s

Posted 07 January 2009 - 02:03 AM

Ed,
I need the IAM-1A adapter for my hurricaine 4. I ordered one a couple months back on my amex,  but it never arrived. I have left many messages and have yet to recieve a call back. Please contact me one way or another. Thank you

#54 pure_insanity

pure_insanity

comfotably content

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,010 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 07:21 AM

QUOTE (87TurboRaider @ Jan 4 2009, 01:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I also have problems with the Bosch 02 sensors. The one I have on now is the 2nd in less then 3 years. As for the 4 wire Ford's, besides the signal and heater wire, what are the others for?

i will have to hunt for this info again, but ive got it somewhere.   basically its a signal ground and a heater ground,  a signal, and a heater positive.  the hard part is the color coding changes from manufaturer to another.   i will find that info and post it here for you.  once youve got the color codeing, you can run anybodys o2 sensor.

Edited by pure_insanity, 07 January 2009 - 07:21 AM.

mpi stuff

#55 md10

md10

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 09:25 AM

i have the tb2, does anyone have what it was loaded with from fip.

#56 83TechMaster

83TechMaster

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts
  • Interests:Speed Kills Drive a honda and live forever!

Posted 20 January 2009 - 07:09 PM

QUOTE (md10 @ Jan 20 2009, 09:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i have the tb2, does anyone have what it was loaded with from fip.

What do you mean by loaded?

Josh
83 Starion, 3in exh, ACT Clutch, light FW, JE's .040, Ported Marnal, TEP Cam, arp bolts, FIP PRO3 Fuel/iginition system,SFP Header,T04B V-Trim, Mallory HyFire, water/alc, turboxs bov,O-Ringed Block, turbonetics evolution w/g, NOS
Posted Image

#57 substock

substock

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,992 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 07:20 PM

QUOTE (83TechMaster @ Jan 20 2009, 07:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What do you mean by loaded?

Josh

stock tune?
'89 Conquest

#58 md10

md10

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 12:25 AM

what the settings the ecu had from them. i bought a car from someone with it and it does not run very well. i thought it was megasquirt but its a fip tbi setup. there website says it comes programmed ready to run and i thought it would run more like the stock EFI if it had there ecu settings on it. unless someone else has the same setup and can give me there good running file.

#59 MightyMaxGS-T

MightyMaxGS-T

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 06:43 PM

hey i have been trying to call you guys, i have a tb pro kit and i have been building my mpi manifold, i need the harness to make my system mpi so I can run my car when i get my manifold back from the fab shop.
Yes it is a Mighty Max, yes it is turbo!  I have the same motor as all of you, only I'm lighter...

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mightymaxgst...done=http%3a//p

#60 substock

substock

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,992 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 07:58 PM

QUOTE (MightyMaxGS-T @ Feb 5 2009, 06:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hey i have been trying to call you guys, i have a tb pro kit and i have been building my mpi manifold, i need the harness to make my system mpi so I can run my car when i get my manifold back from the fab shop.

if you can't get ahold of them let me know, i can build one for you.
'89 Conquest

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users