Megasquirt questions? How to set-up? Just ask! Diagram post!

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#101 CaliConquestAlex

CaliConquestAlex

The Wrench

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,382 posts
  • Interests:BOOOST!
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 15 May 2012 - 01:21 PM

MS1 will definitely control ignition if the box is built for it. Also, it depends on what ignition setup you want to use. I was using MS1 when I first got my MPI running. I upgraded to MS2 for the increased processing speed.
2004 Infiniti FX35 Beryllium, Fully Loaded

2004 Lexus IS300 - Soon to be NA-T

1988 Conquest TSI - SOLD/Parted out
Magna Intake, MEGASQUIRT 2 (V3 Extra fw) Direct Coil Control - EDIS 4, 292m cam, Synapse Synchronic 40mm WG, Synapse Synchronic BOV, T3 TD06 20G turbo w/ .80 housing, 95 lb injectors, Treastone turbo manifold, ST springs, KYB GR2 shocks, MK1 front camber plates, Drilled/slotted rotors and braided brake lines, HD valve springs, SR20DET 3-row Radiator. MK1 Short Shifter, Da Funk Loc motor mount, Transmission Tuff-pan, Stedebani poly trans mount, Cusco front strut brace, TEP rear strut brace w/ battery tray, AEM UEGO wideband sensor.

Click the pictures for larger images:

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#102 89BananaQuest

89BananaQuest

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 01:43 PM

Well its a set up thats brand new that i bought from another member.  Actually traded for it.  I know he said it was built by scott.  But he doesnt know the exacts of the set up.  It has built in boost control, and came with the gm iat.  Im trying to get in contact with scott but my phone for some reason will not let me start a conversation.  But will let me reply.  So if u see this scott could u please pm me?

#103 polarisman14

polarisman14

DRIFTIN'

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts
  • Interests:Cars, motorcycles, snowmobiling, four-wheeling, snowboarding, golf, billiards, bowling, forums, volleyball, Boston sports teams...Anything fun and mechanical.
  • Model:Starion

Posted 17 May 2012 - 11:25 AM

View PostCaliConquestAlex, on 15 May 2012 - 01:21 PM, said:

MS1 will definitely control ignition if the box is built for it. Also, it depends on what ignition setup you want to use. I was using MS1 when I first got my MPI running. I upgraded to MS2 for the increased processing speed.

I've since had Scott do the mods to the box to control ignition along with getting an MSD box for it. The issue I had with the car running was with the signal wire. I'm going to purchase a new wiring harness sometime soon from Scott and have him wire in and program an IAT sensor or FIdle valve as well just to make sure everything is kosher. The harness has been hacked so many times that it's still a headache and where I have to do a lot of other electrical repairs I might as well do it all over again the right way.

'89 Starion SHP...FIP MPI, 3" Exhaust, TEP Cam, Turbonetics 11021-BB T3/T4 Turbo, Treadstone Manifold, 75# injectors, Mookeeh Sway Bars, GC Coilovers, Saleen Replica Wheels, the list goes on...AND IT FINALLY RUNS!!!

http://i512.photobuc...pg?t=1339849860

#104 tkal

tkal

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 04:38 PM

Does anyone have another link to the wiring diagram in the OP?
'87 Conquest black on black leather.
Suspension upgrades:
Eibach springs
Mookeeh shocks
Looking for bushings of any type Whiteline?

Engine upgrades:
Magna intake
Installing MS2

#105 CaliConquestAlex

CaliConquestAlex

The Wrench

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,382 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:09 PM

I believe the diagram posted was just the standard megasquirt wiring diagram which is found in the megamanual for each megasquirt version

Magna Intake, MEGASQUIRT 2 (V3 Extra fw) Direct Coil Control - EDIS 4, 292m cam, Synapse Synchronic 40mm WG, Synapse Synchronic BOV, T3 TD06 20G turbo w/ .80 housing, 95 lb injectors, Treastone turbo manifold, ST springs, KYB GR2 shocks, MK1 front camber plates, Drilled/slotted rotors and braided brake lines, HD valve springs, SR20DET 3-row Radiator. MK1 Short Shifter, Da Funk Loc motor mount, Transmission Tuff-pan, Stedebani poly trans mount, Cusco front strut brace, TEP rear strut brace w/ battery tray, AEM UEGO wideband sensor.

#106 88351wtsi

88351wtsi

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • Interests:My kids, music, and cars, not always in that order.

Posted 16 January 2015 - 12:00 PM

Is there a video series online anywhere of someone installing Scott's MS2 system in a Starquest?  It would be very helpful to me personally since I learn better visually and hands on than reading about it.  Thanks in advance.  Something like a video of "Megasquirt  for Dummies" like me.   I bought the system but haven't started in on it just yet still trying to talk myself into starting it.
1988 Conquests  

His:  Durban maroon with 351w  
        Sophia white MS2 full sequential with BW S257sxe in the middle of a full tear down

Hers: Red restored and on the road, mostly stock

#107 CaliConquestAlex

CaliConquestAlex

The Wrench

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,382 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 05:30 PM

Installing a standalone ECU and tuning it shouldn't be done by dummies. You need to read the megamanuals and learn because when something goes wrong, you'll need to be able to troubleshoot it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users