Interesting read on using a G52 head on the G54B

ZPI28

Just remember that a higher compression head might not be good for higher boost turbos. This guy is talking about normally aspirated (carb) engines where a higher CR isnt all that bad.

^^ Well, the guy is talking about the 2.0 head as having a bigger combustion chamber and dished valves, claiming it increases the cc's a little. That would be counter to a higher compression ratio, assuming the same head gasket is used.

I get the how of this, I'm missing the why part though. Seems like a total lateral move, the heads are almost identical.

yea, seems like a waste of time for us. plugging those "extra" holes on the exhaust side and all... bad enough we have to plug the "extra" jet valve.lol

That plug job was really sketchy. Leave them sticking up and let the head push them down.... huh? Finding a "wide" head gasket to seal them... huh?

Why not just weld the holes closed?

Never said I would do this, just thought that it was interesting that the 2.0L head fits on the 2.6L block. And yes I know that they are all talking NA stuff there.