Gauging Interest: 1988 Conquest TSi

dmyers151

Considering selling my black '88 Conquest, I've owned it since 2008 and brought it back from a sad state.

This has been on my mind for a few months now, still unsure. Been real down on the whole car scene lately, and too busy to spend time with it. I've not even had time to wash it this season.

http://farm2.staticflickr.com/1303/4675240149_7ae6a6e4bb_b.jpg

Link to pictures & info here:

http://mitsubishi.gearboxmagazine.com/2010/07/dale-myers-sp00l1sh-conquest-tsi/

http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=91025&st=0

Car runs great with no issues.

Needs frame rail replaced, I've got a pair of reproductions ready to go.

Comes with a full manual seat belt swap "kit".

The 16G that was installed went bad so I went back to the stock 12A @ 17psi. I also removed and sold the upper hatch spoiler.

If I decide to sell, I'll be removing the fender stripe.

$6500

PM me with questions

Dale u already know what I'm goin to say......

My car sat for almost 2 year after my Charlie/Ocmd run. I felt the need to just get rid of it. It sat and I was doin anything with. But every time I did think about selling it, I had the think about a replacement, and how much it would take to make it like it. The time part I could never get over, and never ended up selling it. I had the car sold once, but told the kid I couldn't get a title for it after he was coming to get it.

In my top 5 favorites as well. Wish I had the moolah, as I'd buy it in a second if I did. For the love of all that's holy and sacred, don't just sell it to some kid down the street...

Dale....I've got a few car sales on you.....and from experience I can tell you one thing. You will never get over the regret of selling something you've put so much time and heart into. It may "SEEM" like the right thing to do now, whether it be financial situation, or life choices......but once things settle down in your busy life (which may be years, not just months or days) you'll then say to yourself "Man, I'm glad I kept it". It's like this, I've told many people the same thing, and it's the truth. In fact, many members on here HAVE DONE THE VERY SAME THING I'm about to tell you. You clean the car up real nice. Park it in the corner, and throw a cover over it, and concentrate on things in your life that matter in the present. DO NOT PEEK UNDER THE COVER ONCE IT's ON. When you've cleared things up and you're READY, you'll pull the cover off and say to yourself "I've missed you." Sometimes people need a break. Trust me.....I know. I've told myself many times in the past more recent years that I'm done for a while. Unfortunately, I keep finding deals that continue to drive me along (because I keep logging in here, kinda like PEEKING)....but I'll eventually get to the point of saying that's it. Will I sell?? Nope. I'll do exactly what I told you, because it's going to hurt too much to find another one like it when you're ready to get back in the pool.

Justin

EDIT: I also wanted to add, that if the thought of selling the car was purely for doing what's best for the CAR, holding onto the car is the right thing to do. It's got a loving home with you. Just because you don't drive it for a year or two, doesn't mean you don't love it. If you sold it......you'll never be happy with what the new owner would be doing with the car to make it THEIR CAR, because it WILL ALWAYS BE YOUR CAR in your mind.

Edited by Coke
  • Like 1

Keep it...Coke is right...just put it away in a corner for a while....Yours is one of my favorites on here...I've been rebuilding mine for two and a half years now...haven't driven it during that time...thought about selling it, but I couldn't replace it if I did...(and no its not the one in the pic below,lol)...

sheeeeyat, talking that crazy talk...put it up for a while and revisit it. My R04 Conquest was the best one I have ever owned (fastest, cleanest and best running) and I sold it for $6000, I am quickly approaching $6k on the one I bought after that and it's nowhere near the one I sold. Get a really nice car cover, tuck it away in the garage, live life then revisit it in the fall or winter, it'll be love all over again...just trying to save you the heartache Ive been dealing with since she's been gone....

Keep it...Coke is right...just put it away in a corner for a while....Yours is one of my favorites on here...I've been rebuilding mine for two and a half years now...haven't driven it during that time...thought about selling it, but I couldn't replace it if I did...(and no its not the one in the pic below,lol)...

Seriously though... The entire time I was reading your post this was my face------> :wacko: :blink: lol.

But Dale, I don't know you but PLEASE, don't sell that car. It's too beautiful.

Dale, I don't want to see you sell your car either man .... heck, you just won a trophy with that thing at my show last year. But .... if you really really really must .... PM before you take cash from ANYONE. I would give it a very loving home, and wouldn't change a thing.

You guys are right, I can't sell it. Just having a rough couple weeks, been extremely busy and real down on the scene and a lot of other things in general.

I appreciate the offers, but I'm going to keep the car and move forward with it, even if it is at a snail's pace.

• Like 1

Nothing wrong with letting it sit for awhile...it doesn't cost you anything. Like the others have said, you're never going to get the money you want for it and if you did sell it, you'd definitely regret it. I considered selling my car awhile back and I'm glad I didn't because I picked the project back up and fell in love all over again.