MAP sensor removal.....in 83' starion

83Starion-11

I have read from a previous post of mine removing my MAP sensor in the 83' will make it so the car will not cut out at 10psi (as it does now)......id like to remove it to test it out.....I have no idea where it is lol, or if i remove it can I put it back easy or what?

Any help with this would be great

Thanks,

Andrew

PS:if it does not work ill buy the FCD, but why not try the free way first haha ;)

You can't remove it, its a necessary part that tells the ECU to add more fuel along with the MAF. The MAF is CFMs while the MAP is pressure. You need to look at the mod for with the diode or FCD if you just want to wire it in and I've gotten used FCDs off ebay for $20 more than once.

I unhooked my MAP and it seems to run fine. However, there has been work done on the fuel system to include a fuel pressure regulator, so that may or may not make a difference. The air fuel gauge shows I am a little rich at 12psi on my 83. It makes the stock boost gauge not work, but that isn't accurate anyway, I have an aftermarket one and you would probably want to get a boost gauge and maybe an A/F gauge.

EDIT: Also I have an intercooler setup which I would recommend if going over 10psi.

Edited by mooser83