Really amazed at how much has been forgotten.

Funky Phil

Ive been flippin through dish channels most the day. Frequented my interweb stops...... And Im just in awe. Maybe I have a really terrible channel package, but I didnt even see anything posted when I left the house for lunch. Ive even checked the date on a multitude of occasions thinking that maybe Im going nuts. 19 minutes left, and I cant say Im pleased to be making this post. I know its been over 70yrs, but in 70 more, I hope my children havent forgotten.

I have not forgotten about Pearl Harbor or the brave souls that were lost. My gratitude goes out to them and their families.

Edited by Funky Phil

Hey Phil, I agree, this is a disgrace. Our government controlled media is more focused on directing hate towards rioting mobs and be-headings then to reflect on the large number of enlisted naval military murdered in their sleep.

Ive been flippin through dish channels most the day. Frequented my interweb stops...... And Im just in awe. Maybe I have a really terrible channel package, but I didnt even see anything posted when I left the house for lunch. Ive even checked the date on a multitude of occasions thinking that maybe Im going nuts. 19 minutes left, and I cant say Im pleased to be making this post. I know its been over 70yrs, but in 70 more, I hope my children havent forgotten.

I have not forgotten about Pearl Harbor or the brave souls that were lost. My gratitude goes out to them and their families.

Phil this is getting close to area's we normally try and avoid but there are time when we need to speak out , tv channels ,it matters not what package you have ,, all give you 100 shop at home junk channels , 50 church money grabers ,20 gov meeting that are 3 months old and of no use to any one ,

50 paid programing ( comercials )

and last and least 5 national stations that actually have shows we watch , NO I'm wrong AMC

was just droped from direct and dish ,, now I'm stuck paying $100 a month for programing I can easily get on my antenna and have a better pic at the same time

this is because Sheeple have no balls or back bone and coorperations have the idea they can do any

thing they want and we have no choice ,

you stop paying and they charge you a $400 or so chg for breaking contrack , well that works both ways , they broke the contrack first by removeing stations from your package they promised to deliver

so here's my plans , i'l send back their box , they can levy any charge they care to do so , but I will not pay a dime , i'l let them spend $100's in trying to collect their illegal charges from me

it's time we stood up to coorp's and let them know we are not mindless money pits for them to steal from as they want

as for the word SHEEPLE think about it for a moment and the meaning will be clear

me I'm not a mindless sheep that can be herded as desired , I have teeth and not afraid to us them

now as for dec 7 and pearl harbor ,, think about what caliber of man or boy that was around back then , they were made of steel and iron , created from building the greatest nation the world had ever seen

men of all colors but the same in the fact they were American and willing to die to protect

what they had built , @ 16 you could not buy a beer but you could die fighting for your country

some thing has always been wrong with that .

now lets look at todays young men , for the last 50 yrs supporting the country that provides you with freedoms is left up to your choice , and 98% of them choose to eat the cake but not clean the dishes

those words will up set some but the truth always does

the next time some one attacks us they will win , why ,simple it takes 18 months to train and put in place one company of troops , I doubt they eill give that much warning

There are very well trained and dedicated personnel in todays VOLUNTEER only military. They should be looked at in the same light. The news of yesterday is not that of today.

When faced with a great obstacle, the face an individual reveals is rarely the one regularly worn if ever seen before.

Whats been forgotten is 9/11. Seriously try to find media sites etc showing pics or videos from 9/11. Much of it has been taken down or doctored up and the videos on youtube or other sites you never know if its legitiment footage.

Still much has not been answered for in regards to that. I remember sitting in class (10th grade) watching the news with the towers falling. Kids now wouldnt even know what 9/11 was.

No yesterday was not 9/11. Its the point that people and the media ignore days which we should have respect for the fallen. When was the last time you heard anyone say "lets pause for a minute to remember those at pearl harbor? 9/11? Or vietnam?"

We go through our lives and deal with tons of stuff. Tragedies are forgotten to the pages of history

I didn't hear it mentioned once today, and the morning show I listen to on the way to work usually has a segment where they discuss what happened on this day in history. They mentioned the death of John Lennon, but that's it. Dimebag Darrell was also killed 10 years ago today.

ask your self one thing if technology is such a great tool for war , why has it been 23 years and

Iraq is still just one more war we lost , just like we lost 45 years ago in Vietnam

even WW2 was not won , we stop'd fighting two nations to give in to another , the Korean war was not won , why was that , it is only a small country

truth is war is big money , and ending war makes no $$ for those that use us as cannon fodder

solders are for ever shooting at the wrong people usually for all the wrong reasons

but love , respect and graditatude should always go to those that do the dieing and fighting for the leaders that

give their lives away for a bit of $$

The giant flag at a car dealership here was at half mast yesterday. I had no idea what it was for until later. Sorry for not thinking about one of many massacres that happened in this country within the last 70 years or for that matter, 300 years. Do you remember Custer's last stand every year or decade? Many brave souls lost their lives.

So, as you can see, just because people don't think of every battle or major military date in the long history of this country, doesn't make them a bad citizen. It makes them normal and human. But thanks for calling me and everyone else out on it.

Did Little Big Horn lead to the beginning of a worldwide conflict costing millions of lives?

So your gonna respond to remembrance of Pearl Harbor with, "remember the people we lost when we were stealing all the land from the Native Americans?" They werent willing to be "sheeple" anymore as Shelby brought up. They stood up and many lives were lost. I actually watched a special on it this summer. Because it was on TV. Because they felt it was important enough and I luckily have the channel. But your talking about a battle. Im talking about an event that sparked our intro into the war. Just as Cary brought up 9/11. Not saying its any less important, but it would make the other battles seem less significant. Pearl Harbor sparks thoughts of all the major campaigns of WWII. When I think of Pearl Harbor, I think of V-Day and so on. 9/11 more so, as it is a part of my own life.

Nobody said anything about bad citizens. Thats your conscience. I was pointing out the lack of media attention. Radio, News.

When there are still veterans of the conflict alive today, I personally feel it is that much more of a priority.

The anniversary of the assassination of JFK, theres a radio station here that replays the entire day of airtime from that tragic day. All the way from when they expect him to land to them announcing his passing.

But hey, thanks for being normal

Edited by Funky Phil

The problem with history and memorializing events is the true nature of what happened is lost. At that point what is being celebrated? The attack on Pearl Harbour was instigated by Oil-blockading Japan, then allowed to happen by the Roosevelt administration and military industry vultures who wanted a piece of the economic pie in WW2. The same US banks who funded the rise of the third reich also profited from the massive borrowing needed to fight any war. Rinse, repeat.

I respect the sacrifice of the servicemen, my grandfather was on a sub-chaser in that war. Still, when you really look at history you see they are still playing the same game today with a different boogie-men. Just follow the money.

Edited by Fuze
  • Like 1

You mean follow Rothschild.

Yeah. Him, Carnegie, Prescott Bush, and all the rest. IBM, General Motors, GE, Standard Oil, the corporate class of the day. Their bloodlines still pull the same stunts today.

• Like 1

Just sent a guy home on leave to attend his grandfathers funeral. Veteran of D-day and Battle of the Bulge.

Fuze, you really think they would intentionally sink the bulk of the US fleet prior to getting into the Pacific fight with Japan?

Fuze, you really think they would intentionally sink the bulk of the US fleet prior to getting into the Pacific fight with Japan?

The theory behind that process is that the U.S. was practicing isolationism. We avoided getting into the European conflict and most Americans did not want to get involved. By having fore knowledge of the impending attack on Pearl Harbor but allowing it to happen rallied America into war faster than we had ever seen.

This spells out huge sums of money to the industrial sector. Steel companies, firearms, automotive, the list goes on. Money has always bought votes. If the government knew about it but did nothing because of lobbyists then that scenario plays out.

The theory behind that process is that the U.S. was practicing isolationism. We avoided getting into the European conflict and most Americans did not want to get involved. By having fore knowledge of the impending attack on Pearl Harbor but allowing it to happen rallied America into war faster than we had ever seen.

This spells out huge sums of money to the industrial sector. Steel companies, firearms, automotive, the list goes on. Money has always bought votes. If the government knew about it but did nothing because of lobbyists then that scenario plays out.

my feeling are any congressmen , senator or gov office holder over the age of 75 should be brought up

on charges or treason for selling out our country

as for the day JFK was shot me and 1/2 a million other troops stood on the run way for days waiting for the word on who to go shoot at , the only president in my life time I would gladly have die'd for

Yes. The people who pull the strings that cause wars are at the top of the financial, military industrial, and corporate classes. To them, it's just a cost/benefit analysis. They don't have any national allegiances or patriotism, they just want the money and power and all wars increase the power of those classes. Remember what Cheney said in a document written in the 90's called "Project for a New American Century", that without a new "Pearl Harbor" level event, it would be hard to rally Americans into a war in the middle east. Most of the Bush people were authors of that document. Then we got 9/11, and they got their wars, and we lost so many of our rights that it's hard to describe. You can Google the document and read it.

• Like 1