Is there any way to unstick an injector?

ucw458

I have a couple of injectors that are faulty and cleaning doesn't seem to be fixing them. One appears to be stuck closed and the other stuck wide open. I've used my injector cleaning rig to no avail. I tried flowing them normally as well as backflowing them. I've pulsed the them and lightly rapped on the side with a screwdriver. I've even run them through my sonic cleaner. Nothing seems to work.

Are there any other ways to attempt fixing these injectors or are they junk? I just don't want to throw them away until I'm sure they aren't fixable. Maybe someone on here knows another way to fix them.

kerosene works better,bur chances are the coil windings are burned up and its toast,I bought a set of injectors of a memebr off the board and the primary had a cracked top and the secondary was stuck(no ohms)I paid $70 for those,thats guy-YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE,IF YOU DONT CONTACT ME IM GONNA HAVE TO THROW YOUR NAME OUT THERE.

My question is can i take the uncracked top and switch it for the other cracked one,it would be a different color but id know what it was.

My question is can i take the uncracked top and switch it for the other cracked one,it would be a different color but id know what it was.

I don't belive you can remove the plastic part without breaking it. If I have a dead one I might try taking it apart just for fun. I did forget to ohm out the bad ones, I should do that before trying anything else.

btw I run a can of seafoam and a little gas in my cleaner rig.

About all you can do is send them to a pro cleaner, but it sounds like you do as good or better than they do! I have taken stuck closed ones and revived them with some professional brake clean and compressed air.

I have pulled one apart, but Mike_C. has done a better job doing it. I don't know if you can actually put one back together after pulling it apart. I didn't try on the one I had apart. It would require some kind of fuel safe epoxy, etc...

Leave them in the ultrasonic cleaner for a day or so and retest. See if the coil is bad using a continuity (ohm) meter. Depending on how large your cleaner is you can slowly dissolve just about anything in one given enough time. Stuck open, there is a spring in there that is to close it but if the tip is rusty it might not be able to close. Does it appear clean at the tip?

Just because its cracked doesn't mean it leaks or will.

Edited by Indiana

Leave them in the ultrasonic cleaner for a day or so and retest. See if the coil is bad using a continuity (ohm) meter. Depending on how large your cleaner is you can slowly dissolve just about anything in one given enough time. Stuck open, there is a spring in there that is to close it but if the tip is rusty it might not be able to close. Does it appear clean at the tip?

Just because its cracked doesn't mean it leaks or will.

The one that's stuck closed was a little rusty at the tip. The other was on my carwhen it descided to stick open and stall out the engine. Both read about 2.6 ohms, ironic I know. That's the same reading I get from good injectors.

I could try leaving them in the sonic cleaner for a day. I would have to open up my cleaner and hotwire it though. It's got a 30 min timer on it. It's heated too but I'm worried about leaving the heat on for a day without me being there to watch it. I don't want to set my house on fire.