almost done with new turbo header

S.M.B

started the new header last night, just gotta weld up the collector with the t3 flange and add the waste gate. also gonna add supports for the turbo weight. we have used this same style of desighn on some big turbo builds and it really helped the spool time and top end power.

http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss142/lowrider01mopar/starionturbo.jpg

http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss142/lowrider01mopar/starionturbo1.jpg

Edited by S.M.B

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YES. This is Just what I want so I can run an HX35. I know the DP flanges will need to change on the existing exhaust, but does the DP atleast line up straight with the turbo when the turbo is mounted? You'll have an order from me when I get to buying a header :)

-Justin

yeah that was the intent was to build one for my car then make a few for people that would like one. it cost $180 in material with the 4 to 1 collector, pipes, 3 flanges (t3,4 hole and wastegate). ill have to get a price together but it will be under 500 shipped. im also developing a meth injection kit that uses the boost of the turbo to spray so its self regulated with every additional psi of pressure. no electric pumps... self contained. Edited by S.M.B

alright well I'm hoping to use a Holset HX35 or HX40

and a boost controlled meth injection would be awesome. I was looking to someday get the AEM water meth injection but if yours turns out well, then you'll get my money there too :)

-Justin

S.M.B. makes some dam good work! I have his poly driver side motor mount and love that thing!. great stuff man. Love seeing what you make man!

S.M.B. makes some dam good work! I have his poly driver side motor mount and love that thing!. great stuff man. Love seeing what you make man!

X2 , Chris/S.M.B is a very talented and honest guy , perhaps the beginnings of a new vendor in our midst people ! :)

the wastegate will be part of the 4 to 1 collector, just waiting for the collector to show up.

Its lookin good man, too bad you arent in NC. I wouldnt mind helpin you with your race car. I cut my teeth on a late model.

BC_99

S.M.B. looks great, keep up the good work. I myself would like one as well. But for the meantime I don't have a big turbo. Just running the plain 12g turbo, planning on upgrade sometime in the future.(lost a 16G deal from someone!) I wouldn't mind saving for this, can it be use with the 12g for the meantime? I know bigger is better, but the pockets ain't getting any bigger. Keep up the good work and keep posting. Drive on!