Oct. 19-21: Mountain Lakes Drive FALL Event...(moving permanently from spring)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 JessN16

JessN16

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,601 posts
  • Model:Other

Posted 09 April 2018 - 01:22 AM

As a result of what turned out to be a unanimous vote of the people who attended the meet in April, the Mountain Lakes Drive will be moving back to its roots as a fall colors drive -- and rather than wait 18 months to have the next one, we're going to run this again in October. Most likely, we'll be returning to the area Oct. 19-21. So if you couldn't come this weekend, you get a second chance to make this before the end of the year.

I'm going to be calling around soon to get hotel rates confirmed and whatnot, but I would expect we'll return to Guntersville to the hotel we used this time, the Wyndham Garden Lake Guntersville. I don't know what kind of rates we'll get, though, and that might push us somewhere else. I did a cursory check of Lake Guntersville State Park Lodge tonight, and room rates were higher than for this past weekend; I looked into the Wyndham's site, and rates were lower than we paid for our group rate, but only 4 rooms remained. If we can't get the Wyndham again, we'll probably go back to Scottsboro.

The schedule would be mostly the same -- rates locked in for Thursday through Sunday, drive on Saturday, group dinner Saturday night. However, we may end up expanding the second half of the drive to encompass Little River Canyon National Preserve over in Fort Payne. We'd likely tack it onto the end of the Lakes Loop, since we had a bunch of spare time this year between that loop and dinner. I'll figure out a way to make it work.

We ended up with 14 people and 6 StarQuests and everyone who came has committed to come back. We hope to add a bunch of new faces, too. This is a rather unique meet for the StarQuest community based on what the event is: a true driving meet, with good roads and great scenery. The coolest thing of all, to me, is going through the Paint Rock River Origin Watershed and seeing a river actually start from nothing and become an actual river over the span of 15 miles.

Even if you live far outside the area, please consider coming down. Southeast Tennessee and northeast Alabama are some of the prettiest lands our country has to offer, and we always find a way to have a good time -- because the people who come make it so.

Lodging and itinerary updates will follow soon.

Jess
Current denizens of the garage:
'88 Conquest TSi
'10 Jaguar XF Premium Portfolio
'89 Jaguar XJS V12
'87 Jaguar XJ6
---
In the rearview mirror:
'87 Starion (black), '88 Conquest TSi (black), '88 Conquest TSi (Durban), '88 Jaguar XJS V12, '76 Jaguar XJ12L, '88 Jaguar XJ6 VDP, '99 Jaguar XJ8, '98 Jaguar XK8, '03 Jaguar S-Type, '85 Jaguar XJ6 '88 Galant Sigma, '90 Ford Taurus SHO, '75 Bricklin SV-1, '97 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP

SQCBannerSig2

#2 psu_Crash

psu_Crash

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,991 posts
  • Interests:400+ WHP 450+ WTQ!!... and curves with green eyes
  • Model:Starion

Posted 09 April 2018 - 10:58 AM

14+ hours for me to drive down... I'd love to, but not happening this time around
'86 Starion, MPI with MS2extra, Ebay To4E 57 Trim (in testing), P&P head, OS SS Valves, Wiseco +.030, ARP head/rod, RPW Roller Cam, Crower Rods,AEM H2O/Meth Injection, Mighty Max CAS 4 Direct Fire Wasted Spark, BSE, Tial 38mm, JDL exhaust mani, HKS turbo timer and EVC3, AEM UEGO, 3" DP into 2 1/2" Dual Exhaust, 85# Delphi's, Magna modded by Chad, Accufab FPR, Walbro 255, D2 Coilovers, GNT Poly Bushings and mounts, Funk-Lock, LED Tails and Dome ... etc^4
2016-17 SCCA Solo Glen Region Champion in Street Modified. Going for a 3-peat this year ;)
87 Valencia Gold TSI, The new Project
My Feedback Link
Posted Image

#3 bthotrod

bthotrod

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 06:04 PM

Just an idea, Pigeon Forge is pretty close to Deal's Gap/ the Tail of the Dragon/ Fontana Dam. Might be cool if a some people decided to make the ride there together?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users