Smoke after boost

knightrider56

every time i build up boost and then let go gas i have a cloud of smoke coming out my muffler , when im at boost from 0 and up theres no smoke only when i let go of gas is when the smoke comes out......when im at 0 and under on boost gauge there will be no smoke coming out of exhaust......only when i have boost and then let go of gas is when i have a cloud of white smoke coming out of muffler

every time i build up boost and then let go gas i have a cloud of smoke coming out my muffler , when im at boost from 0 and up theres no smoke only when i let go of gas is when the smoke comes out......when im at 0 and under on boost gauge there will be no smoke coming out of exhaust......only when i have boost and then let go of gas is when i have a cloud of white smoke coming out of muffler

White usually means coolant is burning...

Black is usually fuel...

White with blueish tint is usually oil...

Maybe a head gasket leak...

Edited by garrett41

I had a similar problem when i first got my squest only difference was when i idled at the light i was cool, but when the light turned green i mash the gas and white smoke would come out i later found out it was the intake and exhaust seals.

At low RPMs it will leak oil in the comb chamber when you raise the rpm it burns oil then stops because

the oil is moving too fast to got into the chambers, thats why i didnt get a lot of smoke when i drove.

Edited by macrophage

you askin me?

No. It was directed to the poster. The easiest way to check for a blown headgasket is this:

A: Air bubbles coming out of the radiator neck.

B: Coolant in the oil.

CALIBER 308

Edited by Caliber308

My car is doing the same thing and i replaced all the plugs on monday and they were all white.

They should look white, thats normal. Crusted white with deposits on them usually indicates the presents of oil or fuel additives (Ash).

CALIBER 308

Edited by Caliber308