85 with MAF-T wont run

starion27

ok so I have a 85 flatty with trilogy injectors and ive converted the turbo to a T4 and for some reason I can't get it to run with the new injectors and Maf-T the crazy thing is it was running on this same set up before I put it in storage. so far ive replaced the mass and checked my wiring but the damn thing won't start for more than a couple seconds. any suggestions?

Cars in storage have an annoying habit of developing clogged fuel systems. I'd start by verifying the injectors are receiving fuel at the correct pressure and spraying nicely. If they're not, time to clean out that fuel system and have a good look at your fuel pump!

thanks ill give it a try and see if that helps. I put it all back to stock now and it will start but only run for a few seconds and the injectors are socked...also have the trilogy injectors and it won't say running will them either. I'll have them all flow tested tomorrow and see what happens.

Ok so I put everything back to pretty much stock except the turbo. it still didn't want to stay running but then for some reason I decided to mess with the distributer and turned it counter clock wise and it started and ran almost perfectly. then for some when I left it and came back it wouldn't run again until I played with the distributer again. but once you get it running it does good. I think it might have a vaccume line leak. any suggestions?

The stock vac line setup is designed to prevent any manifold influence on the distributor during warmup. When cold the ignitor adds some afterstart timing. The mechanical advance also adds timing above base due to the extra RPM from warmup. The vac advance should be neutral.

How close is your vacuum line setup to stock? Try disconnecting the advance and see if that matters. The interplay between components is pretty complex... its made worse on the 86- since the computer is just guessing a throttle plate location. Where that throttle plate is, effects how much idle vac each port sees. If you've simplified the vac lines and aren't running the thermovalve, you can have some extra timing during warmup that might be the issue.

http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=117852&hl=vacuum