Smaller Steering wheel

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Legawiec79

Legawiec79

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Interests:Trying to undo all the stuff that was done wrong on this car so I can make it run.
  • Model:Starion

Posted 03 February 2017 - 02:04 PM

So, long story short, I have a prosthetic left leg and my car is a 5 speed. I don't have any problem hitting the clutch, but my leg gets hung up on the rather giant steering wheel or car comes with. Does anyone have any recommendations on a nice looking smaller one. I have been looking around and I haven't really seen anything that looks right in our cars.

#2 speedyquest

speedyquest

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,669 posts
  • Interests:bmx, cars, computers

Posted 03 February 2017 - 02:48 PM

Id suggest any reputable aftermarket steering wheel maker. You can get variable amounts of dish, diameter, and spacers to put the steering wheel wherever you might need it. Try staying away from the ebay knock off wheels. They are unsafe, poor quality, and definitely won't last you forever like a quality one will.

1987 Flatty Starion -- Widebody Conversion -- V-Mount Setup --  JDL Tubular Manifold  --  MX-6 Intake -- MS3-Pro -- AEM FPR  --  ARP head studs -- 3" hood exit exhaust -- Hahn Racecraft 16g --  Tial F38 Wastegate -- Tial Q Bov -- Short route piping -- 5 lug & LSD conversion -- Tubular Front End -- Manual Steering Rack Conversion -- Manual Brake Conversion -- Stack Digital Dash -- AEM UEGO -- D2 coilovers -- full GNT poly bushings & mounts -- four 8" rears -- car lightened significantly...  More to come!

Posted Image

Build Thread --->  http://www.starquest...opic=143564&hl=

#3 Chad

Chad

noob

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,111 posts
  • Interests:Starquest Fanatic
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 03 February 2017 - 11:03 PM

I put a memo in a customer's car 12 years ago, before there were so many knockoffs.  It fit well with a mitsu adapter, and still felt right.  The dish was shallow, but the adapter moved it out about 3" and made up the difference well.  Don't recall the name for sure, but I think modena 360 rings a bell.

#4 Legawiec79

Legawiec79

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Interests:Trying to undo all the stuff that was done wrong on this car so I can make it run.

Posted 04 February 2017 - 10:45 AM

Awesome, thank you guys. I'm definitely going to stay away from the knock offs, last thing I want is to lose steering while driving the car (Had that happen in my old Jeep, it sucked a lot)

#5 Chad

Chad

noob

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,111 posts
  • Interests:Starquest Fanatic
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 05 February 2017 - 04:09 PM

Sorry I don't have a part number, but this is what it looked like in the car.  It had a semi-flat bottom, which I think would help with what you are describing.

Attached Files

#6 jaggerd

jaggerd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 10:33 PM

Someone used momo wheel which is small also-- http://www.starquest...pic=100422&st=0

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users