TPS sensor replacement/upgrade.. pre order!!!!

boostinmini

hey

I got bolts today so that means I have kits, they are limited though so kinda first come first serve but u get first dibs before I post the new post but here is the details. You can paypal me, just include what package you like and your starquest username but check on avail first they sell fast.

TPS upgrade/replacement kits available.

I have hand built probably of 70 tps adapter kits by hand helping starquests stay on the road and be enjoyed as they should be. But making these takes a ton of my time I know longer have but I do not want to stop making them. I want to see as many starquests on the road as possible.

So I have a solution, I have outsourced the hardwork to a company that cuts them out of aluminum with high pressure water, which has several benifits.

-I am able to still produce these for cars that are in need of a faster acting TPS or just a replacement for a dead one.

-They are great to tighter tolerances cause they are desigened on a computer then cut out with high precision.

-I still hand finish every one and test for fit.

Option 1

NO TPS, Tps adapter plate, with pigtail, and mounting hardware, all you need to do is supply a tps sensor.

$75.00 shipped in north america.

Option 2

Used but tested TPS, Tps adapter plate, with pigtail, and mounting hardware.

$115.00 shipped in north america.

Option 3 NEW

New aftermarket TPS Sensor, Tps adapter plate, with pigtail, and mounting hardware.

$150.00 shipped in north america. SOLD OUT:(

Optionn 4

Extra fee 25.00 Adapter can be polished.

Option 5

Used TPS with adapter that has slight blemish's please contact to see what I have. 100 shipped!!!!!!!

Shipping Options.

All prices include basic shipping from canada so it can take 7-14 days and there is no tracking. For another extra 15 can be shipped in 3-5

Once I gather a list of five to ten people with a deposit I will get more made but as it stands just sold the last one and have no plans to get more made if there is no interest.

Feel free to ask any questions and i will try and post some pics as soon as possible.

mike

Edited by boostinmini

Hey guys

whipped this up for anyone looking fr instructions

Starion TPS upgrade instructions

1 - remove old TPS and cut off plug leaving enough wire to work with to connect to new tps.

2 - Match up wires on tps, the mazda colors are as follows

-Black and red is ground

-Blue and Yellow is signal

-Green and red is power

3 - use some pliers to "squish" the mazda tps metal actuator slot so it fits snug on the starion plastic tps actuator ut still able to move on it.

4 - Remove plastic TPS actuator arm from starion tbi unit and trim approx 1mm off the top so it will fit into the new adapter and rotate freely, then reinstall on TBI

5 - Use supplied foam and cut a small piece to fit in the bottom of of the TBI unit where the small opening.

6 - Bolt on TPS adapter plate using supplied allen bolts. Optional for extra water and dust tightness you can use a small amount of silicone between the adapter and the starion TBI Unit.

7 - I available use a small amount of brake lube to lube the oring to aid in adjusting TPS.

8 - Install TPS with the oring between the adapter and your new TPS. Do not over tighten the tps mounting nuts....you may cause damage to the tps just snug past the point you can't turn the tps

9 - Adjust TPS as per FSM

ALSO

on page two of the old thread there are some nice instructions with pictures

http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=136410&st=20

Edited by boostinmini

Went to the wrecker yesterday git lots of sensors..

So I have lots of new and used sensors and adapters ready...even boxed up so all I do is put your address in it and it's ready to ship.

Just finished putting mine on. Headed to go get gas. Got a bout a mile up the road , hit over boost and that's all she wrote. Was able to barely coast back home....car ran perfect up until..

Oh no was it the over boost that finished off the engine?

Probably cracked a piston... didn't even get the chance to make an adjustment on the tps after putting it on. I brought a wrench with me on the way to getting gas and was going to make my adjustments after seeing how it acted. And boom. So I guess the motor gets to come out sooner than when I wanted.

Question. I'm on a budget, but can affor it if really worth it, so would you recommend Option 2 or 3? Like what could be the benefits of one over the other? Edited by CarlosFley

Hey

I would say that option two is the best bet...never had a problem with used sensors yet.

Option one is the best if you don't mind getting a little dirty and just grab your own sensor from a auto wrecker

• 2 weeks later...

Sale Bump, all NEW TPS kits sold out, only the used sensor kits are left and no sensor kits.

Also just added a couple kits that have blemishes at a discount price!