Im getting a little aggravated with this car

PDodson

If it is not one thing its another,

I have no acceleration pedal, I have no kickdown (only kickdown i have is when it drops below 30mph) but I know on some cars you can just kinda roll on the gas pedal and it accel a little bit....I dont have that!

my transmission is rebuilt, shifts all four gears (even goes into OD with and without the button)

i know shelby is helping me a little bit but any more help would be greatly appreciated

Did you try the search function?

http://www.starquest...wn#entry1232592

http://www.starquest...wn#entry1216161

http://www.starquest...own#entry964864

http://www.starquest...own#entry789745

Seems like either the kickdown solenoid or the kickdown switch isn't working properly.

Edited by CaliConquestAlex

Paul I need to know the results of the tests I asked you to do before I can go any further , as I told you i'l do any thing I can to help you but I have to know what the test results are before I can know where to go next

if it's easier to talk thru it just call me,, 352-425-5172

Did u READ those posts that I referenced? They talk about the kickdown solenoid in the tranny or the kickdown switch on the throttle. Have you tested those? I'm trying to help you, but it seems like all you want is a mechanic to fly out and fix it for you. Edited by CaliConquestAlex

My kickdown switch doesn't work and its adjusted all the way out, I suspect it may be your problem too. It's up there on the accel pedal, it's supposed to ground when you push the pedal down far enough but I can mash my foot on it and most of the time it doesn't kick down. I've taken it off twice and it tests OK but like I said in the first sentence, the limited adjustment provided isn't enough. I just haven't gotten aggravated enough to fix it, yet.

Did u READ those posts that I referenced? They talk about the kickdown solenoid in the tranny or the kickdown switch on the throttle. Have you tested those? I'm trying to help you, but it seems like all you want is a mechanic to fly out and fix it for you.

Yea I looked at them, and read a few postings

I'll get to it eventually, I work nights so I sleep

During the day, and when I get up it doesn't involve

Working on cars,

It def sounds like the kick down switch, but I just

Replaced mine out Omf my other car that had been

Sitting, and now I think I have to check the 2 devices

On the side of the transmission

Thnx for your help CaliAlex

Edited by PDodson

A simple continuity test on the pedal switch will be quick and easy and is the most likely cause of your issue. Test continuity with the switch open and closed and you should see a difference. The manual states that the switch can fail internally and lead to continuity being shown when the circuit is open and closed. The next step would be the check the solenoid in the tranny. You can also check the vacuum pressure in the transmission. Edited by CaliConquestAlex

the kick down swt is two swts in one,,just like the stop lamp swt and cruise swt,, one side is normaly open and closed when activated and closed and open when activated

notice this is a wot swt ,,most other trans down shifts are controlled by way of the shift modulator, it is vacuum controlled and boost controlled , most people loose the actuateing rod on the rear of the modulator when removeing it cause they do not know to watch for it , with out this rod the trans will not normaly do it's shifts when it is called for

the shift modulator works along with the governor to shift the trans when it is supposed to

the kick down swt only controls the passing gear at WOT

• 5 months later...