MX6 intake,g54b w/megasquirt

Megasquirt powered fuel only for now mx6 intake enjoy!

My first starion vid nothing big couple with it idling

Edited by bigmandsm

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

believe it or not not bad what i did was used a thick piece of metal for the sandwich plate and contoured it to the ports

How much "countouring' was required? 1mm, 2mm more?

I cant say in mm think of it as porting i will see if i can dig up some pic's with the plate when look at it with head bolted on it flows with the port as if the head was extended

Cool u got another up and running

there was a site years back, with full details and lotsa clear photos, showing the MX6/probe intake-to-G54 adapt. I saved the link somewhere on my pc. Can't find it

yeah this is the 2nd car the first one a junked I had a conquest but the rear 1/4 panels were rotted found a starion and swap everything over both cars are the same color look like twins

Interesting.

Someone please post up pics and details, I'm very interested.

What year MX6 is this intake from? There are several in junkyards around here, and I'm looking for any excuse to use pre-fabbed parts. :D

Interesting.

Someone please post up pics and details, I'm very interested.

What year MX6 is this intake from? There are several in junkyards around here, and I'm looking for any excuse to use pre-fabbed parts. :D

you can use a 1989 when you install get the intake gaskets from both trace the pattern drill the starion hole all the way thru the mazda hole counter sink bult to head with allen heads

Can you post pics of your thermostat housing? I'm stuck there for now.

ok i will try to find pic but i will explain first the housing is welded to the sandwhich plate not the intake squared at the flange end that part takes time to weld so the intake does not sit on the weld

Well I dont have any pics of the flange up close but will answer any ?'s I swear that it is so simple anyone can do it with some welding and the write up in 04 is what inspired me to do it

Ok tommorrow is my day off I promise to take some pic up close installed on car.

Thanks for the pics....I like the way you did the back coolant line.

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/5192/2063474l.jpg

Man thankyou I was looking every where my harddrive got damage and had to fdisk it lost all my old pics only had the ones from my site where did you find that one?

yes please do a basic write up.. as far as i kno.. you used a 88-89 mx6 intake manifold.. but came off of what.. the 2.0, 2.2 n/a, or 2.2 turbo.. and.. exactly.. what did you do for the bolting up process.. face that meets the head.. idk what that is called.. you kept the stock face form the mx6 intake.. and made like a spacer and.. like.. ported and flowed to match the starquest.. .. are the injectors the stock that came with the mx6 i/m and.. i can see the coolant line.. um.. and the the megadquirt to do the wiring.. how'd you wire up the injectors.. and the hole electrical setup.. kicks a** setup .. but i think we all would like to no.. the if's and buts.. please do tell...