Manual Trans to fit a ford 302

adamsdell

I probably have missed this looking through the forums, but I need to ask. If I can get a Ford 302 and swap it into my starion, would I be able to keep the starion 5sp transmission with some sort of adapter plate or get another transmission for the ford motor. I would like to keep the 5sp in my car so an auto trans wont do it.

What do you guys have for suggestions. What manual transmission would work the best with the 302?

mustang t5 is the best option the only problem is the cable clutch on mine I will be fabbing a bracket to use the stock quest slave or something similar. I don't belive the quest trans will live very well behind a 5.0 that and its not worth the money to adapt a weak trans.

Borg and Warner t5,not the strongest tranny in the world. The t5 found in the fox body cobras is the stronger 'world class'version,they are lightwieght,i know ive changed a few back in my 5.0 days,they will hold up as long as you dont go to crazy with the power making mods,then you are gonna be looking for a Tremac which are bullit proof!

Craig, about the adapter that your working for the transmission, whats the deal. Is it backwards from the starion to the ford? Is there a clearance problem on the slave? What are you doing to fix it, since I will be going that route soon.

So the slave on the T5 is backwards then the slave on the starion transmission?

I guess what I am saying is, the starion is a push type and the T5 is a pull type, if I have read the other sites correctly. If that is the case, I see why that is a problem for this type of trans swap. Do I have this info correct?

the t-5 has a cable that pulls the clutch fork.''no slave''the clutch pedal in the quest is made to push a clutch master cyl.there is no way to hook the cable up to the pedal so youll have to use a slave cyl.on the clutch fork.im posting this in your swap so if theres ever a search. http://www.autoworksracing.com/65-70%20for...clutch_kits.htm Edited by tim si