#1 admin_JAinsworth

admin_JAinsworth

Addicted Starquester

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,932 posts
  • Model:Other

Posted 22 July 2018 - 03:24 PM

If you can't post and get an error message about SQL errors, please contact me on Facebook (Jimmy Ainsworth) and I'll do my best to fix it.  If I can't, I'll contact Ryddler to take care of it.  Sorry for the inconvenience.  If you don't FB, Email me jainsworthster@gmail.com
Jimmy

#2 speedyquest

speedyquest

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,175 posts
  • Interests:bmx, cars, computers
  • Model:Starion

Posted 22 July 2018 - 03:59 PM

What if we don't use Facebook?

1987 Flatty Starion -- Widebody Conversion -- V-Mount Setup --  JDL Tubular Manifold  --  MX-6 Intake -- MS3-Pro -- AEM FPR  --  ARP head studs -- 3" hood exit exhaust -- Hahn Racecraft 16g --  Tial F38 Wastegate -- Tial Q Bov -- Short route piping -- 5 lug & LSD conversion -- Tubular Front End -- Manual Steering Rack Conversion -- Manual Brake Conversion -- Stack Digital Dash -- AEM UEGO -- D2 coilovers -- full GNT poly bushings & mounts -- four 8" rears -- car lightened significantly...  More to come!

Posted Image

Build Thread --->  http://www.starquest...opic=143564&hl=

#3 admin_JAinsworth

admin_JAinsworth

Addicted Starquester

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,932 posts

Posted 22 July 2018 - 06:28 PM

Email me jainsworthster@gmail.com
Jimmy

#4 mstieg

mstieg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,178 posts

Posted 29 July 2018 - 09:31 PM

View Postspeedyquest, on 22 July 2018 - 03:59 PM, said:

What if we don't use Facebook?

email him from your AOL Online account.  I might have a few of those CD coasters around good for a few thousand free hours.  :lol:

Posted Image

Don't do this Jimmy!  ...Seriously though, thanks for all you do for SQC.

Posted Image
Before: 352 rwhp @15psi; MPI: SDS EM5F; Chad intake & equal length header; S256 turbo (56/80comp-64/74ex); 48" of 2.5" IC piping
Now Done:  7.5:1 .35 Wiseco rebuild w/ crank scraper; 274 Magna roller cam & 1.55 rockers; mod port AMC head; 1mm>valves; Innovate WB; GM alt/rewired; 3" 240 alum radiator, elec fans; BMW X5 oil separator exh. crankcase vent; gas tank renewed; D2s; sway/strut bars; LT1 T56 clutch & trans swap w/ Fidanza; 4.22 rear; 265 Kumos on SHP rears; new steering pump/box/lines & coupler fix: http://www.starquest...howtopic=139558; full dash/console rewire - Autometer, push start, etc.
In Progress: breakin & tune
Future: Enjoy driving again; meets & local shows; AC; WG reroute from open vent to exh; Water/Meth?; body/paint

FOR SALE:  Rear Camber plates (basic); NIB beefy U-joints(2); etc.see-->  http://www.starquest...howtopic=133262 Custom 5 gauge overlay panel: http://www.starquest...pic=136703&st=0

#5 speedyquest

speedyquest

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,175 posts

Posted 23 October 2018 - 10:54 AM

Just a heads up incase nobody knows the forum has been a mixed bag for the last few days. Sometimes I can load it and others I cannot. Its the typical SQL database issues.

1987 Flatty Starion -- Widebody Conversion -- V-Mount Setup --  JDL Tubular Manifold  --  MX-6 Intake -- MS3-Pro -- AEM FPR  --  ARP head studs -- 3" hood exit exhaust -- Hahn Racecraft 16g --  Tial F38 Wastegate -- Tial Q Bov -- Short route piping -- 5 lug & LSD conversion -- Tubular Front End -- Manual Steering Rack Conversion -- Manual Brake Conversion -- Stack Digital Dash -- AEM UEGO -- D2 coilovers -- full GNT poly bushings & mounts -- four 8" rears -- car lightened significantly...  More to come!

Posted Image

#6 scott87star

scott87star

Technically Challenged, Daily.

• Vendors
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,014 posts
  • Interests:Freezing, thawing, thunderstorms and constant wind.

Posted 23 October 2018 - 12:13 PM

I've been messaging Jimmy on facebook, pretty much every day out of the last six.
Now selling true plug and play megasquirt!  Absolutely the best value in stand alone ECU's out there.

I can upgrade your Fuel Injection Pro firmware

Performance Coatings!  Pistons, manifolds, bearings and more!

Now a graduate of EFI University!  www.efi101.com

ECU Vendor link:  http://www.starquest...howtopic=137426

#7 speedyquest

speedyquest

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,175 posts

Posted 23 October 2018 - 01:10 PM

I did a little bit of digging around on my lunch break and bear with me here because I've made a few assumptions on this but...

I believe this forum is an Invision Power board and if that is the case then there is definitely a way for it to be migrated to another much better and more stable type of board like Discourse. I know that won't happen unless Ryddler wants it to happen and I'm guessing one aspect of this centers around the fact that Invision has tools to monetize the ads etc here. I can see how it might not seem worth it for Ryddler to move the board over to something open source that doesn't have a built in source of revenue. My biggest concern is that I've been here for years (since 2008) and its getting to the point where I wonder if I should even keep putting time and energy in here because of how unstable it is. If I'm feeling that way then you better believe newer members do...

Anyway, I know I've said it before but I'll say it again, someone who can make decisions should do just that and think about whether this place is meant to stick around for 1 year or 10 years. With the issues the board is having its almost a certainty that it will fade away and with it a vast amount of knowledge. That is the saddest part of it all.

That's my 2 cents anyway.

EDIT: I also want to say that some people might think "Well if what you say is true Allen, then someone should make their own board and ask people to move there." And sure that might seem like a good idea on the surface but in reality there are really only two things that make this place stand out, that's the small tight nit community we have here and also all the years of knowledge stuffed away in all of our posts. Yes you could data-mine all that content and after tons of work get it plastered into a new forum but that would both be stealing AND does a huge injustice to all the hard work people have put into sharing it with everyone. Not only that but it would most likely be very very hard to search and find information you wanted.

At the end of the day I think its most likely going to be a situation where Starquestclub either lives on through a new platform or slowly dies as it becomes irrelevant or inaccessible. That's a bleak thought but its my view.

Edited by speedyquest, 23 October 2018 - 01:20 PM.

Posted Image

#8 speedyquest

speedyquest

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,175 posts

Posted 01 November 2018 - 08:35 AM

Just an heads up, the "New Content" feature isn't working.

Posted Image

#9 BuGG

BuGG

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,963 posts
  • Interests:Starquests forever!
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 01 November 2018 - 09:55 AM

Same here.
Posted Image

#10 techboy

techboy

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,382 posts
  • Interests:80's & 90's turbo charged cars.

Posted 01 November 2018 - 11:35 AM

In response to Allen's post above.

I don't know squat about the companies or platforms that are behind these forums, so I'm ignorant there, but I do belong to a couple of them and I will say hands down this is my favorite.  And, I don't say that because of the people, relationships, or information here.  All of that is important adn great, and certainly contributes to it being my favorite, BUT, the reason I think this forum is so great is that it is largely ad free and it is easy to navigate.  By comparison, my other "main" forum is dsmtuners, and on there you have to pay for premium membership, there is ads all over, and it's painfully slow ... you literally have to wait for pages to load.  So, for those reasons, plus all the information and tutorials I've added myself I would hate for this go anyway.  That said, I don't want to sound like a stick in the mud, I'm not opposed to change - if it's for the better. This is a pretty dang good forum platform in my opinion, I just wish the driver error (like everyone else) could be fixed once and for all.  I agree with Allen's point ... it certainly doesn't look good for new-comers.
1988 Starion ESi-R ... crushed by a tree 10/31/11 - back from the dead 8/2016
1988 Conquest TSi ... current driver - sold to Bigjoe 6/2016
1987 Conquest Flatty ... F/S thread - sold 8/2014
1987 Conquest TSi ... parts car - sold to Coldscrip 12/2011
1999 Eclipse 4G63 ... heavily modified.
Feeback Thread | Motor rebuild thread | Restoration thread

Posted Image

#11 speedyquest

speedyquest

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,175 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 09:19 PM

The new content feature isn't working again and also lots of posts won't open properly due to the usual database errors.

Posted Image

#12 speedyquest

speedyquest

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,175 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 06:03 PM

I'm getting database errors again today.

Posted Image

#13 BuGG

BuGG

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,963 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 09:29 PM

Yes "new content" is broken for me.
Posted Image

#14 admin_JAinsworth

admin_JAinsworth

Addicted Starquester

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,932 posts

Posted 17 January 2019 - 10:52 AM

View PostBuGG, on 16 January 2019 - 09:29 PM, said:

Yes "new content" is broken for me.

Fixed

#15 rondamguy

rondamguy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 January 2019 - 06:45 PM

What is up Jimmy!

I haven't been here in ages... Earlier today at work, got into a convo about cars- and my coworkers actually knew what starquests were. Ended up coming here to snoop around and found this thread.

Shot you a FB message, but yeah lmk if there's anything I can assist you with.

Aside from that, it'd be great if you could possibly merge my accounts ( the original one was randomguy )  For no reason other than making it easy to go back to my old posts for memories.

#16 speedyquest

speedyquest

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,175 posts

Posted 17 February 2019 - 09:07 PM

I'm getting database errors again sadly.

Posted Image

#17 BuGG

BuGG

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,963 posts

Posted 17 February 2019 - 10:05 PM

Yes me too and "View New Content" does not work for me.

Edited by BuGG, 17 February 2019 - 10:06 PM.

Posted Image

#18 TexasQuest

TexasQuest

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,978 posts
  • Interests:TSi's & VR4's

Posted 17 February 2019 - 11:22 PM

Not working for me either
88 Fiji Blue -TSi
Zoom clutch, Fidanza flywheel, Stedebani shifter, KSport coilovers, ST swaybars, abs delete, a/c delete, cruise delete, JVE, BSEK, TEP steel brake lines, LSP braided cooler lines, CX Racing radiator,  MK1 silicone hoses, MK1 pullies, *DM hard pipes & intercooler,14G turbo, ported exh. manifold, MAF Translator, 3.5" GM maf, Turbo XS RFL bov, *DM 3" exhaust, Cusco front strut bar, TEP rear strut bar, Enkei 92's, HKS turbo timer, AEM wideband, AEM boost gauge, AEM oil pressure gauge, SPA fuel regulator, Hallman boost controller
Posted Image

View PostJohnnyWadd, on 04 March 2010 - 10:01 PM, said:

my shaft was big i dont know what your talking about.

<SOS> http://sosmanuals.minagera.org/
<SQ Garage> http://www.starquestgarage.com/

#19 pcristquester

pcristquester

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,476 posts
  • Interests:Family, fishing, Starquests and other unique cars. IPA and IIPA

Posted 17 February 2019 - 11:55 PM

My view new content hasn&rsquo;t worked in years, I&rsquo;ve just adapted otherwise.
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users