AKA @Battlemagnet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,692 posts
  • Interests:Chess Boxing
  • Model:Starion

Posted 31 October 2017 - 07:50 AM

View Postspeedyquest, on 30 October 2017 - 09:57 AM, said:

That's why you need to whittle it down so there isn't any crap in there ;)

LOL working on it!

Insta = @battlemagnet

Posted Image

#982 speedyquest

speedyquest

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,701 posts
  • Interests:bmx, cars, computers

Posted 01 November 2017 - 09:09 AM

View PostCaptainSlow, on 30 October 2017 - 11:05 AM, said:

I work with car electrics for a living and that picture still scares the crap out of me lol. Loving the work!

Haha, well you know what they say... "If you aren't making yourself uncomfortable then you arn't pushing yourself"  ;)

1987 Flatty Starion -- Widebody Conversion -- V-Mount Setup --  JDL Tubular Manifold  --  MX-6 Intake -- MS3-Pro -- AEM FPR  --  ARP head studs -- 3" hood exit exhaust -- Hahn Racecraft 16g --  Tial F38 Wastegate -- Tial Q Bov -- Short route piping -- 5 lug & LSD conversion -- Tubular Front End -- Manual Steering Rack Conversion -- Manual Brake Conversion -- Stack Digital Dash -- AEM UEGO -- D2 coilovers -- full GNT poly bushings & mounts -- four 8" rears -- car lightened significantly...  More to come!

Posted Image

Build Thread --->  http://www.starquest...opic=143564&hl=

#983 speedyquest

speedyquest

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,701 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 09:10 AM

View PostFuze, on 31 October 2017 - 07:50 AM, said:

LOL working on it!

Well dude, I should come and give you some "suggestions" lol.

1987 Flatty Starion -- Widebody Conversion -- V-Mount Setup --  JDL Tubular Manifold  --  MX-6 Intake -- MS3-Pro -- AEM FPR  --  ARP head studs -- 3" hood exit exhaust -- Hahn Racecraft 16g --  Tial F38 Wastegate -- Tial Q Bov -- Short route piping -- 5 lug & LSD conversion -- Tubular Front End -- Manual Steering Rack Conversion -- Manual Brake Conversion -- Stack Digital Dash -- AEM UEGO -- D2 coilovers -- full GNT poly bushings & mounts -- four 8" rears -- car lightened significantly...  More to come!

Posted Image

#984 Fuze

Fuze

AKA @Battlemagnet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 06:45 AM

View Postspeedyquest, on 01 November 2017 - 09:10 AM, said:

Well dude, I should come and give you some "suggestions" lol.

If that's an offer to rewire my car for free, I accept! lol

Insta = @battlemagnet

Posted Image

#985 Funky Phil

Funky Phil

Super Pooper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,347 posts
  • Interests:2 streaks of fire for 60ft when I leave.
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 05 November 2017 - 08:48 AM

Hey there speed meistro! Ive been a touch curious about you intake manifold. What made you decide to go with that mazda tomfoolery? Everything else seemed pretty thought out. Was hoping to here your reasoning.....
10.95@122mph MoFuggin stickshift! https://m.youtube.co...h?v=8Q01UKt5q4U

Posted Image

#986 speedyquest

speedyquest

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,701 posts

Posted 05 November 2017 - 01:21 PM

Haha well here it is... My logic behind it.

Really it just seems from two basic ideas. I know it's been done before with decent results and it was far cheaper than buying a magna and modifying it. I've got all of $70.00 in both the manifold and the aluminum I made the adapter plate from. That being said though it's not for the faint of heart really if you want to go about it properly. One thing I chose to do was remove the water passages and egr port stuff and ironically that was a saving grace because I'm not sure how the hell else you'd pass the rear coolant port out and back into the coolant bypass otherwise.ive not seen how other people dealt with that.

Posted Image

#987 speedyquest

speedyquest

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,701 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 09:49 AM

I haven't posted anything on the car in a bit so here is a silly picture of the car as it sits now while I continue making the wiring harness in my spare time. The cold weather really slows things down here in the "Great North".

Posted Image

Posted Image

#988 Fuze

Fuze

AKA @Battlemagnet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 09:15 AM

I think you need to build a quarter-mini in there to keep warm in the winter. :D

Insta = @battlemagnet

Posted Image

#989 speedyquest

speedyquest

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,701 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 09:32 AM

View PostFuze, on 10 November 2017 - 09:15 AM, said:

I think you need to build a quarter-mini in there to keep warm in the winter. :D

Haha don't think I haven't thought about it. Another idea I've been kicking around is making a climbing wall ;)

Posted Image

#990 mbruneaux

mbruneaux

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts
  • Interests:Family, Strength Sports, Starquests, Brewing Belgian Ale and Land Rovers.

Posted 29 November 2017 - 04:23 PM

Any updates?  Is it packed away for winter?

What was the final word on the manual brakes?  I looked through the thread again and didn't see anything conclusive.  Other than the parts did you have to modify anything?  Thanks.
Canterbury, CT
1989 Chrysler Conquest TSi (Project Race Car) Build thread http://www.starquest...opic=147910&hl=
2001 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP (Daily Driver)
2002 Discovery II SE7 (Wife's progeny wagon and awaiting head gaskets)
2003 Chevrolet Suburban 2500 8.1  To tow the two hay burners

Second place is S*** place , eh.  - Stéphane Peterhansel

#991 speedyquest

speedyquest

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,701 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 04:35 PM

View Postmbruneaux, on 29 November 2017 - 04:23 PM, said:

Any updates?  Is it packed away for winter?

What was the final word on the manual brakes?  I looked through the thread again and didn't see anything conclusive.  Other than the parts did you have to modify anything?  Thanks.

Well the car is in the garage and I guess you call it "packed away" but I'm still working on the wiring harness slowly as I get time. I do plan on getting the car wired and even started this winter but I won't start tuning it until spring.

The manual brakes are great IMO. You can definitely run the size master cylinder I did with a completely stock brake system including the brake pedal with the stock ratio and be totally ok even under emergency braking ( I tested it). To get a better more balanced feel though I'd definitely suggest doing what I did and adding a proportioning valve (adjustable) into the system and ditch the stock one. To take it a step further you could fine tune the feel or aggressiveness by increasing the pedal ratio. I may do that at some point or I may switch the car to a box pedal set either purchased or made, I'm really not sure yet.

I hope that answers at least some of your questions, but if you have any other ones just ask away :)

Posted Image

#992 mbruneaux

mbruneaux

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts
  • Interests:Family, Strength Sports, Starquests, Brewing Belgian Ale and Land Rovers.

Posted 29 November 2017 - 04:41 PM

View Postspeedyquest, on 29 November 2017 - 04:35 PM, said:

Well the car is in the garage and I guess you call it "packed away" but I'm still working on the wiring harness slowly as I get time. I do plan on getting the car wired and even started this winter but I won't start tuning it until spring.

The manual brakes are great IMO. You can definitely run the size master cylinder I did with a completely stock brake system including the brake pedal with the stock ratio and be totally ok even under emergency braking ( I tested it). To get a better more balanced feel though I'd definitely suggest doing what I did and adding a proportioning valve (adjustable) into the system and ditch the stock one. To take it a step further you could fine tune the feel or aggressiveness by increasing the pedal ratio. I may do that at some point or I may switch the car to a box pedal set either purchased or made, I'm really not sure yet.

I hope that answers at least some of your questions, but if you have any other ones just ask away :)

Thanks, it just looks so clean and simple.
Canterbury, CT
1989 Chrysler Conquest TSi (Project Race Car) Build thread http://www.starquest...opic=147910&hl=
2001 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP (Daily Driver)
2002 Discovery II SE7 (Wife's progeny wagon and awaiting head gaskets)
2003 Chevrolet Suburban 2500 8.1  To tow the two hay burners

Second place is S*** place , eh.  - Stéphane Peterhansel

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users