bad head gasket??

nicksquest

hello i am new around here i just picked up an 87 conquest for a goos price but i think it has a bad head gasket. i drained out all the coolant that i could and filled it with water to see if it was just bad coolant and look for bubbles and here is what i got:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMZwUUDOUW0

what do you guys think? and thank you for your info!!

she needs alot of work i think my diff mounts are broke(when going backwards some thing slammed hard when i let off the clutch)

the clutch is shoot well if its the stocker its got over 130,000 on it and they say they are good till about 120,000.

the windows dont roll down i see i can clean the switches i will try that.

boys she was beat to heck but i will give her a try!! i only paid $550.00 for her its worth it to me.

if you want to see her look here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-J55fxImKKM

Edited by nicksquest

Of course it's going to blow water out of the radiator after running the piss out of it. The water appeared to be flowing fine until you stomped the gas. Put the cap back on the radiator and let it warm up and see if it blows steam out of the exhaust. Is there any water in your oil?

Of course it's going to blow water out of the radiator after running the piss out of it. The water appeared to be flowing fine until you stomped the gas. Put the cap back on the radiator and let it warm up and see if it blows steam out of the exhaust. Is there any water in your oil?

i am getting oil in my coolant no smoke out the tail pipe. is the compression building and pushing out in to the coolant from the cylinders? and it does over heat pretty fast.i was looking for bubbles not the water pushing out the rad every time the thermostat opened or i reved it up. no coolant in the oil.

Edited by nicksquest

time to pull the head

is there any way i have to undo the head bolts so i dont make a bigger job then need be(warp the head)or a write up on it on here some where? i have been looking but i have not run in to any thing yet.

If you don't have coolant in the water why do you think the headgasket is blown? If the headgasket is blown, coolant blows up out of the radiator like a fountain, what you did if that motor was hot as the thermostat, oh and I don't know what those do someone told me, was open and you increase the rpms ya it blows out that's normal and at idle and the stat open you will see coolant flowing. That coolant is nasty, change it and do that again. It might just be water and rusty or was USED when someone put it in and had oil in the container. The overflow tank gets nasty and might appear to be oil or it could have been from another time. A compression check is necessary and you need to inspect the spark plugs. If no white smoke from the exhaust its NOT likely there is a blown headgasket. You could have a bad intake manifold gasket and has coolant blow out, oil not mix with it but still you have white exhaust. If coolant is blowing out you can get its also being sucked in.

Flush that old crap out and try that again. You might want to remove the thermostat housing its possible the stat. has fallen apart.