Anyone here fool with Mazda trucks?

MainstreaM

what on earth for,, sence they use the same ujoints yokes and clutch set up as the D50's i'm sure they certainly aren't stronger then a quest trans,they are gear'd diff for sure

Some "sperimentin" I plan to do. The gear ratios for the Mazda trans are between a Quest and a Montero. Very similiar in layout (both are shifted from the transfer case) to the Montero with the exception of the front driveshaft output. Mazda is passenger side, Mitsu is Drivers side. The 87-88 Mazda box will also have the G54B bellhousing already on it. If you didn't know, the Monty is just like the DSM, the trans is the weak point. The synchro's in mine are on their way out, so a trans build is in the future. IF the B2600 trans will fit the Mitsu transfer case with some creative parts swapping, that's what I will do instead of rebuilding the KM132 and have it fail again later on. The B2600 uses the Model R transmission, same design as the RX7 TII, so it will take some abuse.

Kane

I can't help with the B2600 trans, but I do have a rebuilt KM132 trans in my basement so if you happen to need any dimensions/pictures I can probably get them easily. It beats crawling around under the truck if you don't have to.

You'll have to keep us posted if you can get this trans swap to work.

The B2600's are indeed much more hard to find than the 2000's. Those are great pickups as I have owned a few and there fairly cheap to work on. The best years are 86-93. I wouldn't get anything after that as it's Ford garbage badged as a Mazda.

Those trucks still run strong at 400K The only thing you have to worry about is the head, if it overheats it will warp pretty easy.Good luck with your tranny search and enjoy the truck.

I doubt you will get a mazda transfer case to work with a montero gearbox

here's one for the mazda 2.6 but its the same layout only the bellhousing is different and the ratios changed in the gearbox from the mitsu 2.6 to the mazda 2.6 but I'd have to look i don't think the transfer case ratio changed

http://i22.ebayimg.com/07/i/000/85/15/6f5a_1.JPG