Newbie Section and Model Variations

92 GSR-4

Is there a newbie section on this site? I've looked through the FAQ's also, but never found a good write-up of the variations between the different models available. For instance, I bought an 88 Conquest, but I have no idea if it has the SHP package (it doesn't have adjustable struts, but they could have been replaced). Is there a good writeup showing all the differences between year models, trim, etc? I want to know what I have and build a good base of knowledge. Coming from the DSM world where the information is vast and widely shared, I must be spoiled!

look on the inside edge of your driverside door=D you should have 225/45/r16's on the front and 245/45/r16's on the back if it's an SHP=) They should be 8" fronts and 9" rears=~) i wandered if i had an SHP when i got mine and my buddy told me how to tell. I have SHP rims on mine but not stock=D glad they came with my car though=~) As I know, there isn't much difference between year models after 86=) except for maybe ECU's and small things=~) but plenty of parts are interchangable=) Welcome to SQ's my friend=D I have an 86 quest and enjoy every day of it=) If you like working on your car at least a few times a week, i think you'll feel the same way=) You should get some pics up=~) everyone likes pictures on here=D lol well Welcome and enjoy=) If you need new parts ask for Randy, aka DAD. he has a great shop and parts. his link is http://www.enginemachineservice.com/conquest.html

If you want some custom body mods, go to Burton=) A lot of us on here have parts cars to sell some parts that you'll have a hard time finding, well i don't have a parts car but i'm on the lookout=) Indiana is a lot of help too=~) Everyone is really a great help and we are one big helping family=D Welcome buddy=]

• 11 months later...
Hello to all!! Yes I am a newbie to the site. Hope to get some pics on here soon. This summer I purchased a 88' Conquest TSi with the SHP package. Rio Red with black leather. 56xxx miles all stock. Excellent condition. Just working now on getting her back to good stock condition. Slowly going through fluids and bad sensors....which leads to my first question. Is there a simple way or a good kit to get rid of the stock MAS? Mine is currently dead. I am not prepared to replace the stock ECU or go to MPI or anything like that at this point. Any thoughts?