11 replies to this topic

#1 Young Man Nihilist

Young Man Nihilist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 03 December 2016 - 12:35 AM

I have been procrastinating this for such a long time.  I am the owner of a yellow 1988 Conquest Tsi.  I have had her for only two months (and she's already broken).   Its my first car; looking back on this, it was also a terrible idea, but I love my car so much.  This being said, I am probably one of the youngest owners here, and lack mechanical skills.   My plans are to preserve her, as I am to scarred to further damage components, and at the most, I would put louvers on her, for now at least...  I am very sad I have never seen another Starquest.  I have seen all sort of fancy japanese cars.  1st and 2nd gen NSX, all generaitons of Supra, all generaitons of rx7's, approximately three ae86's, multiple 3000gt vr4's, all cool old stuff.  But never my car.

Unfortunately, the brake pedal is extremely hard to depress now.  I haven't been driving do to school and other events.  When I went to start the car to test an auxiliary cord for the radio, I couldn't depress the brake pedal.  I don't know whats wrong, but when I get the time, I am going to look for punctured lines, buy extra brake fluid, and potentially a brake booster and/or master cylinder.  I have been saving for the past month, so hopefully she will be registered and back on the roads soon.

Attached File  1480623076008 (1).jpg   59.44K   23 downloads
oooof

1988 San Marino Conquest

#2 importwarrior

importwarrior

6 Quests and Counting......

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,663 posts
  • Interests:Boost = 2KWIK4U
    Starquests

Posted 03 December 2016 - 08:30 AM

Welcome , These cars require a ton of patience and persistence.
Got to keep on top of them for sure.  Be strong and don't give up.

B-71 87 TSI ~ RIP
Black 87 Starion ~ Mess SOLD!!!
Proud New 89 slightly Rusted Fiji Owner !!!

The Ark was built by amateurs , the Titanic was built by Professionals.

#3 rcm

rcm

rcm

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,935 posts
  • Interests:Keep the turbo spooled!
    Motorcycles,dirt bikes,Old school
    muscle cars.

Posted 03 December 2016 - 12:04 PM

I had a 88 banana back in 1989 and by far was my favorite car.Tried to buy it back years later but the guy that had it said no way.Is that one a colorado car or did it come from Texas?

#4 NikoFab

NikoFab

Go Blue Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,704 posts
  • Model:Starion

Posted 03 December 2016 - 01:19 PM

Welcome!  Lots of good help here on the site.

#5 Young Man Nihilist

Young Man Nihilist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 03:40 PM

View Postrcm, on 03 December 2016 - 12:04 PM, said:

I had a 88 banana back in 1989 and by far was my favorite car.Tried to buy it back years later but the guy that had it said no way.Is that one a colorado car or did it come from Texas?

The car has been a Colorado car its whole life.  Was originally sold at the Chrysler/Dodge dealership in Colorado Springs.  I am the 5th owner.  But the car has stayed here its entire 28 year life.
oooof

1988 San Marino Conquest

#6 chassispuke

chassispuke

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 03:55 PM

Hiand welcome, i made an offer to the previous  owner for ur car and he didn't  accept it. These cars require u to be mechanically  inclined. If not u might get to the point where u cant stand them . Good luck with the car . Read up here and u should get the answers  to most of ur questions.

#7 Young Man Nihilist

Young Man Nihilist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 03:59 PM

View Postchassispuke, on 03 December 2016 - 03:55 PM, said:

Hiand welcome, i made an offer to the previous  owner for ur car and he didn't  accept it. These cars require u to be mechanically  inclined. If not u might get to the point where u cant stand them . Good luck with the car . Read up here and u should get the answers  to most of ur questions.

Oh that stinks.  I got her for under asking price, because they never told me the air conditioning didn't work...  There probably is a lot more hidden issues with the car.  The outside and interior of the car look great, butt the underside is a different story.  Has surface rust and it looks like some of the hoses are corroding.
oooof

1988 San Marino Conquest

#8 chassispuke

chassispuke

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 04:19 PM

It figuered being a colorado car it would have under carriage issues.

#9 chassispuke

chassispuke

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 04:22 PM

I also have 2 full sets of 3 piece louvers but do ur homework  first so u dont get shocked for the going price for each set.

#10 Young Man Nihilist

Young Man Nihilist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 04:56 PM

View Postchassispuke, on 03 December 2016 - 04:22 PM, said:

I also have 2 full sets of 3 piece louvers but do ur homework  first so u dont get shocked for the going price for each set.

I have done some looking around, and finding all 3 grouped together seems hard and pricey.  There's an 83 hood on craigslist for right now in rough shape for $800 freaking dollars.  No thanks.  I will probably look more into getting louvers once I fix my brake issue.
oooof

1988 San Marino Conquest

#11 stesir

stesir

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 982 posts
  • Interests:I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Posted 03 December 2016 - 05:18 PM

Hello:  go to eBay motors and put in "SQC"  that's me...Thanks  will try and assist in any way that I can.  Had an '88 Yellow Auto few yrs back...
http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1555.l2649
http://www.ebay.com/...649        -new clutch master cyl $20

#12 TexasQuest

TexasQuest

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,388 posts
  • Interests:TSi's & VR4's

Posted 03 December 2016 - 08:10 PM

Welcome young man. Definately fix all your mechanical issues before focusing on asthetics. Don't be afraid to ask questions and try to find some local guys up there to help you out. You gotta have patience and stay persistant with these cars.
88 Fiji Blue -Tsi
Zoom clutch, Fidanza flywheel, Stedebani shifter, KYB's, ST springs, ST swaybars, abs delete, a/c delete, cruise delete, JVE, BSEK, TEP steel brake lines, LSP braided cooler lines, CX Racing radiator,  MK1 silicone hoses, MK1 pullies, *DM hard pipes & intercooler,14G turbo, ported exh. manifold, MAF Translator, 3.5" GM maf, Turbo XS RFL bov, *DM 3" exhaust, Cusco front strut bar, TEP rear strut bar, Enkei 92's, HKS turbo timer, AEM wideband, AEM boost gauge, AEM oil pressure gauge, Hallman boost controller
Posted Image

View PostJohnnyWadd, on 04 March 2010 - 10:01 PM, said:

my shaft was big i dont know what your talking about.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users