4 replies to this topic

#1 Amakirr

Amakirr

• Newbies
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Model:Starion

Posted 07 October 2016 - 03:37 AM

Finally was able to sign up here (been trying with no luck due to a captcha issue)!

My names Scott,and I have quite the project of a '87 Starion ESi-R on my hands from a friend that couldn't afford to keep up with it. Currently the car is in a million pieces (the process of parting it out had begun when I bought it) and has a crushed frame rail, but hopefully that will be fixed in time. IF not I'm definitely getting another shell as I love the styling of this car!

Hopefully I learn a thing or two from you guys here as it seems there is a rather small following of these cars and I look forward to interacting with each of you.

I cant find any pictures of how the car sits at the moment but its not pretty and you would all probably cringe a little. I'll try to remember to take one in the AM.

I finally got some pictures, I hope the gallery sharing works. And yes the wheels are ugly but its all I had access to to roll it into my driveway haha.
IMAG0189
Album: The beginning
4 images
0 comments

Edited by Amakirr, 08 October 2016 - 01:17 PM.

#2 rcm

rcm

rcm

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,935 posts
  • Interests:Keep the turbo spooled!
    Motorcycles,dirt bikes,Old school
    muscle cars.
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 07 October 2016 - 08:45 AM

Welcome to the club..Alot of great information here.

#3 psu_Crash

psu_Crash

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,912 posts
  • Interests:400+ WHP 450+ WTQ!!... and curves with green eyes

Posted 07 October 2016 - 09:02 AM

Welcome!
Good Luck with the re-assembly. A crushed frame rail isn't a big deal. Someone can hook you up with a replacement frame rail section. you can either weld it over what is there or cut out part of it and weld in. Either way it's definitely fixable!
'86 Starion, MPI with MS2extra, Ebay To4E 57 Trim (in testing), P&P head, OS SS Valves, Wiseco +.030, ARP head/rod, O-Ringed Block, Schneider 284-H, prepped rods,AEM H2O/Meth Injection, Mighty Max CAS 4 Direct Fire Wasted Spark, BSE, Tial 38mm, JDL exhaust mani, HKS turbo timer and EVC3, AEM UEGO, 3" DP into 2 1/2" Dual Exhaust, 75# Delphi's, Magna modded by Chad, Accufab FPR, Walbro 255, D2 Coilovers, Poly Bushings, Funk-Lock, LED Tails and Dome ... etc^4
87 Valencia Gold TSI, The new Project
My Feedback Link
Posted Image

#4 NikoFab

NikoFab

Go Blue Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,704 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 12:43 PM

Welcome aboard!  Good luck with the rebuild.

#5 importwarrior

importwarrior

6 Quests and Counting......

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,663 posts
  • Interests:Boost = 2KWIK4U
    Starquests
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 07 October 2016 - 04:47 PM

Good luck , welcome to the site. don't give up like a jigsaw puzzle. you will get it together just time and patience.

B-71 87 TSI ~ RIP
Black 87 Starion ~ Mess SOLD!!!
Proud New 89 slightly Rusted Fiji Owner !!!

The Ark was built by amateurs , the Titanic was built by Professionals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users