KDM Performance-Limited Edition Starion - Pics

Zero

First pics of my rebuilt 88.  

Kelly Dahman signature workmanship. ;D

http://photos.yahoo.com/vmtxxx

Complete/Installed:

• Complete Rebuild (Port & Micro-Polished, JE Forged Pistons, Chrome Rings, SS Valves, Clevite Bearings, CBS Eliminated, Electronic Balance)

[*]Complete Chrome Hardpipe Kit (OCVP, Intercooler, AHP w/1st Gen MAS & K&N)

[*]Daikin HD Clutch 240mm & Lightened Flywheel

[*]Fireball Ignition

[*]3" Exhaust System (*DM Downpipe, Flex Pipe & Exhaust, High Flow Cat, Dynomax Muffler)

[*]SS Braided Lines & Silicone Couplers all around

[*]Radiator System rebuild

• Tim C. Monsta Banshee Cam

[*]Hydraulic Roller Rockers

[*]18G TD05 1st Gen Eclipse Turbo

[*]Krankvent

• Future Mods (in expected order):

• Aluminum Radiator & Upgraded Fans (10/03)

[*]Note to Oscar the Grouch: I want that 5th gear!

[*]Magna MPI (Already purchased & modified by Chad)

[*]TEC3 EMS (2004)

[*]???

Is that injector housing polished? Or is it chromed?

Where did you get the black silicon hose from?Is it Nomex silicon?

I have to write it... even though I like it myself...

CHROME WON'T GET YA HOME!!!! :-X ;)

are you the one whose Quest caught on fire because of TEP? If so, what ever happened about it?

Excellent pics of  your '88. How long have you had the car?

Yes, that's me!  I settled with TEP & their insurance (took a lot of time, updated post here http://www.starquestclub.com/index.pl?boar...665727;start=0).  However, when I was stripping the car down, I had a problem with some of the parts they installed (or didn't install).  I'll be posting a feedback entry in a few days.  They sold me a high volume fuel pump that they didn't install, charged me for a high flow cat that was just a gutted cat and you can judge for yourself if the head was ported & polished...the pics are in another folder in the pics linked above.  They haven't responded to 2 emails & 2 phone calls.

I bought the 88 in June and Kelly Dahman has been ordering parts & working on it off & on until now.

-Vince

Is that injector housing polished? Or is it chromed?

Where did you get the black silicon hose from?Is it Nomex silicon?

Injector housing is polished.   You'll have to check with Kelly Dahman on his source & details of the hoses (if he'll give it to you :-X)

I have to write it... even though I like it myself...

CHROME WON'T GET YA HOME!!!! :-X ;)

I actually feel the same way you do about non-performance expenses (at least until performance is maximized), however, *DM's prices were so reasonable on the chrome option that I took it.  The exterior of the car is actually going to be "stealth" with the stock paint ($2500 for a good paint job :-/ or for MPI & TEC3 :o).  No sense in attracting any unwanted police attention.

I can also imagine a ricer's friend saying (over & over) "remember when that 'junky looking' car smoked you?" ;D

Yes, that's me!  I settled with TEP & their insurance (took a lot of time, updated post here http://www.starquestclub.com/index.pl?boar...665727;start=0).  However, when I was stripping the car down, I had a problem with some of the parts they installed (or didn't install).  I'll be posting a feedback entry in a few days.  They sold me a high volume fuel pump that they didn't install, charged me for a high flow cat that was just a gutted cat and you can judge for yourself if the head was ported & polished...the pics are in another folder in the pics linked above.  They haven't responded to 2 emails & 2 phone calls.

A gutted cat?

Now is the time to call the BAR!!!

That will shut them down!!!

In fact anyone can drop the dime on them.. there is enough info in this post to shut them down... If I were you I would make them an offer on their business because your holding the cards way more than you know..

The BAR was already involved so they have your contact information.

Steve should call you every night before you go to sleep and ask if there is anything you want him to do. Hell he should hire you as his personal adviser.

What a jerk.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Zero,

When did you get your engine back from *DM?  I remember when I first met *DM (about 2 months ago) and I took my car to his house to get fixed I saw this bad-a$$ looking engine he had just built, was it yours?

I'm sure that was my engine you saw...it fits the time frame.  Kelly started taking apart the stock engine in July and finished it about 5 weeks later...with some wait time for parts.  You definitely can't see some of the effort he put in with the engine installed.  He cleaned and painted just about every part (even ones you can't see and things like the alternator that he didn't work on) and buffed every nut & bolt before installation.

zero, you coming to the meet?

Still trying to work things out.  I've got a family thing in OC until 3pm.  I can still get out by around 3:30pm there if anyone's planning to stay later or meet for dinner.

• 2 weeks later...
How much did you spend total for the work he did?

I don't want to quote exact prices, since Kelly gave me some breaks and I don't want to give you prices that he won't be able to give you.  Let's just say mid 4-figures...or if you've seen some of my previous posts, about 1/2 of what TEP charged, for about twice as much work and 10+ times the quality.  Of course I didn't get the freshly barbequed fragrance that my old car had.