Smoke!

knightrider56

Hi guys ..i just bought an 89 conquest, i took it on the highway and started getting heavy foot syndrome, when i shifted to 4th gear i notice the car boged a little and when i looked back on my rearview mirror i saw a gust a smoke that would not stop smoking,(white smoke)and while it was smoking i seen little rings of smoke also coming out at the same time, i parked the car and let it idle to look at muffler and noticed oil in there, would anyone have an answer ot there?

thx a mil fellas....it seems i found some oil leaking out the downpipe side of tubo and when i took off filter there was oil in it also....i just got another turbo but no auto parts where i live have the 2 gaskets that go to it, can i use high temp gasket maker? or can anyone tell me where to order these gaskets...i dont know their names but one is going from downpipe to turbo, and the other is going from intake to turbo

your problem is crankcase pressure blowing oil into the turbo inlet and it runs back down into the filter, it happens all the time and the stuff you see dripping on the exhaust side it water or excess fuel mixed with exhaust crap and it just looks like oil

go to the dealer and get a new pcv valve and take your separator off and soak it, shake it, rinse it, soak it some more rinse it and put it back on.

and you may look into some new valve seals but try that first its cheap, like $5 and you need to do it anyway no matter what the problem really is, clean the hoses out that run from the valve cover to the separator and the one from the separator to the accordion hose (turbo inlet)

your problem is crankcase pressure blowing oil into the turbo inlet and it runs back down into the filter, it happens all the time and the stuff you see dripping on the exhaust side it water or excess fuel mixed with exhaust crap and it just looks like oil

go to the dealer and get a new pcv valve and take your separator off and soak it, shake it, rinse it, soak it some more rinse it and put it back on.

and you may look into some new valve seals but try that first its cheap, like $5 and you need to do it anyway no matter what the problem really is, clean the hoses out that run from the valve cover to the separator and the one from the separator to the accordion hose (turbo inlet)

Tony if that's you, the Turbo was rebuilt/upgraded less than 2 years ago and I took good care of the car so I doubt that the seal went bad on the turbo. The valve seals are also less than 2 years old as I replced them when I did the JVE. It's probably as Indiana explained above and a new PCV valve should fix it. Some people have used CrankVents with success here on this forum, but I never tried them so I can't say.

btw, how high where you boosting?

hth,

Julio

• 2 weeks later...
Tony if that's you, the Turbo was rebuilt/upgraded less than 2 years ago and I took good care of the car so I doubt that the seal went bad on the turbo. The valve seals are also less than 2 years old as I replced them when I did the JVE. It's probably as Indiana explained above and a new PCV valve should fix it. Some people have used CrankVents with success here on this forum, but I never tried them so I can't say.

btw, how high where you boosting?

hth,

Julio

u have a good eye julio...ill call u today...as far as boost goes bout 12 to 14 PSI...ill change pcv valve in the morning...i checked it , but didnt seem clogged, but ill change it anyway...BTW Y are u in this forum, i own your car now ....LOL JK =)

thank you guys ...we fixed the problem....i cleaned out the seperator, and hoses and noticed the hose that goes into the turbo inlet was collapsed restricting anything going to or from or what ever it does ...so i said screw this let me run new hoses all around seperator...i also cleaned out the hole exaust system and intercooler with gasoline and wash it out with water..that being said i will start a new thread with other issues with the car , but agian thx for your help fellas ,,oh and julio.. sry again about sat. for bothering you with my calls dude i forgot you were busy

thank you guys ...we fixed the problem....i cleaned out the seperator, and hoses and noticed the hose that goes into the turbo inlet was collapsed restricting anything going to or from or what ever it does ...so i said screw this let me run new hoses all around seperator...i also cleaned out the hole exaust system and intercooler with gasoline and wash it out with water..that being said i will start a new thread with other issues with the car , but agian thx for your help fellas ,,oh and julio.. sry again about sat. for bothering you with my calls dude i forgot you were busy

Tony,

No problem, glad to hear everything worked out!