I'm done with the G54B

questsale

Time for a 1JZ swap. Gonna part what's left functioning on my block, and sell all my stock/extra G54B stuff shortly.

Budget is $3,500.

No, I am not considering other options. My friend is currently 80% done with this 1JZ swap, I am simply going to follow in his footsteps.

Time frame is 12 months, I am in no hurry to get this done this year. I plan on saving enough money to buy 90% of what I need in one go, and get everything cut and measured and installed in a few weekends. Not to drag this out over two years like my friend has.

I'll start posting my old stuff in the sale sections soon. General overview, I have *DM hardpipes, Short Throw, 2x trans, a few blocks, a few cranks, OS pistons, a few heads, alum flywheel, etc.

Bad valve seals, cracked head, leaky cyl rings on 2. Burning oil, and coolant. Ran fine otherwise.

Basically your garden variety G54BT! Good luck with the swap.

yes! I've had a quest since I was 17, most of the time as a daily. Keyword there, most of the time, lol! The 1jz swap... best. upgrade. ever. (for me). Been dd'ing it for a few years now and 30k ish miles. Better gas mileage, way smoother, and tons more power. Don't know where your located but if you're close take mine for a spin, you'll get yours done much faster that way!

why drag me in this?

low hanging fruit,,, thats all.... dont lock this one too now mods....were cool right Pauuuuuly??? just wana make sure now.

Or it could just be people who are tired of the "same old thing" and want something new and exciting. People who aren't afraid to step out of the comfort zone and try something else. Why do we have to be one or the other? I have both, as does Scotty and several others, so why, every time the subject comes up, do we have to re-read the same hateful trash from the same few whiny haters?

BC_99

Or it could just be people who are tired of the "same old thing" and want something new and exciting. People who aren't afraid to step out of the comfort zone and try something else. Why do we have to be one or the other? I have both, as does Scotty and several others, so why, every time the subject comes up, do we have to re-read the same hateful trash from the same few whiny haters?

BC_99

^THIS, very well put bc, to each their own. There are a lot of people out there that 'could do this', but do they? And because I rock a jz car I can't? A conquest has been my daily for most of my driving life, a majority of those years with the g54 which did its job. I've had a decent g54 car before and it was fast. I had no problem keeping it running, and it never blew up on me. I simply wasn't pleased with it and wanted something different that would better suit my needs so I parted it out before anything went wrong with it. In fact my current setup has less hp, but (for me) is a far more pleasing car. I could probably build an mpi car that would smooth out the g54, and meet this reliability, but it would cost way more than my current setup and still not have the potential of a jz, or the ease of getting parts, and then there is the trans to worry about (I think we can agree that the km132 isn't great for high hp). This has been my daily for the last few years, around 30k on it now and its been great, drove it in -15's with no issue, drove it in +100's and still beautiful. OP you will not regret this swap, only wonder why you didn't do it sooner!

I see many more swaps like this in the future, 2.6 oil pumps and other important items are becoming N/a , even blocks are getting scarce and cost becomes a factor to , a swap can be done for cheaper than building a well sorted and reliable Mpi G54b .

You're obviously entitled to your opinion but.. You can go on ebay and find a oil pump. Not that difficult to find. I cannot tell the future but do you for see them not making oil pumps or something?

I see many more swaps like this in the future, 2.6 oil pumps and other important items are becoming N/a , even blocks are getting scarce and cost becomes a factor to , a swap can be done for cheaper than building a well sorted and reliable Mpi G54b .

You're obviously entitled to your opinion but.. You can go on ebay and find a oil pump. Not that difficult to find. I cannot tell the future but do you for see them not making oil pumps or something?

I agree with Sotty, Factory flywheels are hard to get, there are no more factory exhaust manifolds around, and crankshafts are getting rare in standard size. Is there a place to get a crankshaft that is nitrided in standard size? Sure you could get one cut, but then the nitride is not there anymore. I haven't seen anyone re-nitrided their crank. In my area you don't see Conquests or Starions in the junkyard at all.

Plus rebuilding the engine is expensive. The amount you put into a rebuild you could be close to just buying a jz engine.

Edited by tsi_tom

Parts for the whole car are getting hard to find. What I'm thinking is there's not gonna be any of these to swap motors into anyways. It's gonna put a damper on someone's plans when then need a windshield and their are none.

There used to be some in a j yard here and the owner had like 11 of them there and crushed them all.

I haven't seen but 1 in the j yards here since.