Utorrent

site

If any of you are wanting to get the best connection using utorrent go by this chart

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=34259

you will have to run the speed test in the options menu and match them to the numbers on that chart to get your sweet spot on downloading and uploading

I just go ta 16 meg line and i was only downloading at 80kbs. i went threw that chart and now im downloading at 390 kbs. of course it also depends on your peers. but its still good the get the best results

Edited by site

yea i think im being bottlenecked by my isp. i was talking to someone and they said i should be downloading way faster then that. im trying to figure it out now. my ports are open im getting a green icon on utorrent

i went to speedtest.net. its the only place i do go to. can always go to openoffice.org to find out a true download speed. there all seeded test torrents by people with retarded upload speeds. It was my isp bottlenecking me. i was downloading at 746 kbs and my upload was maxing out at 820 kbs lol only bad thing is that is like a huge red flag to your isp that something is going on with this ip lol. but anyway. there is a option on utorrent to bypass that and i just downloaded peer guardian so i should be good to go altho im capping my speeds just in case.

justpaus have you tired port triggering?

Edit: i guess open office will tell you what your true torrent dl speeds are with good seeds this is what i got. may have to click to make bigger. but notice its not kb/s its mb/s

http://i37.tinypic.com/hw0cc8.jpg

Edited by site

• 2 weeks later...

My friend had a garbage 2wire "homeportal" they have a confusing port forwar/triggering setup I usually use 6881-6889 for mine, but it doesn't really mater what ports you use as far as I know, am I correct on this?

I get 5 kb - 2.1 mb/s depending on the torrent hah, I hate when it's something had to find and theres 1 seeder =\