Project "Because Racecar"
Posted 24 May 2019 - 08:34 AM
About a month ago as the weather started warming up and I started the process of upgrading the flywheel and clutch.
So the motor came out and the rear main seal was replaced before installing the fidanza flywheel and ACT 6 puck clutch. I also installed beehive valve springs.
I also baffled the oil pan but sadly didn't really take any pictures of that...
Another thing I did was make a thermal barrier gasket for the intake manifold. I can tell you that after datalogging it made a very noticeable different. Totally worth it!
After putting the car back together and filling it full of fluids I brought the car up to temp only to quickly realize that I had coolant leaking from the rear coolant port. Soooo I had to take the manifold back off to properly seal that up.
But after that the car was happy and sealed up. Now I'm driving it around and enjoying it. The flywheel upgrade is great, the 6 puck clutch isn't horrible to drive on the street, and the car feels awesome!
And for the second time in the cars life I washed it. It definitely needed it hahaha!
1987 Flatty Starion -- Widebody Conversion -- V-Mount Setup -- JDL Tubular Manifold -- MX-6 Intake -- MS3-Pro -- AEM FPR -- ARP head studs -- 3" hood exit exhaust -- Hahn Racecraft 16g -- Tial F38 Wastegate -- Tial Q Bov -- Short route piping -- 5 lug & LSD conversion -- Tubular Front End -- Manual Steering Rack Conversion -- Manual Brake Conversion -- Stack Digital Dash -- AEM UEGO -- D2 coilovers -- full GNT poly bushings & mounts -- four 8" rears -- car lightened significantly... More to come!
Build Thread ---> http://www.starquest...opic=143564&hl=
1 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users