• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Blackmount

Blackmount

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 05:41 PM

It's called PET I think. I found it on Ebay.

#22 Blackmount

Blackmount

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 12:56 AM

I see I am short on a update. Car has been running great, I love driving it, more then my Twin turbo...It's noticeably faster now.

Still getting the tuned dialed in.... I am now running 13.1 AFRs at WOT in the power band, and peaking at 32* of timing just shy of rev limiter at 8,000. Still on pump 93 octane containing 15% ethanol.

Logging power estimates are consistently coming back between 275-280WHP/235-245TQ between Evo scan, and Virtual Dyno. If the car made 270whp on a real dyno, that right there would be a record breaker, as the only car currently to make that power on pump gas is 3.5L Stroker on 13:1 compression, but his engine is strongly choked up top due to still running the stock intake manifold, and they also only rev the car to 7,000 rpms (partially because it is choking so bad up high from the stock manifold... I am well acquainted with the owner of that car. His name is Eric, He use to be the owner of the company in which I buy most of my parts from for this car, and my VR4.

His car can be seen here http://www.3sx.com/s...x/cars-eric.asp

The fact that he made the numbers he did on the stock intake manifold, and with the stock 18" VR4 chrome wheels is crazy.

He could bolt on a Twin Turbo Upper Plenum on the car, and pick up about another 20whp with a tune (I proved this on a dyno several years ago).... Not to mention if he threw my intake on there with its massive 4" Throttle Body....

Light weight wheels would reduce drivetrain loss, and help inflate the numbers a little bit as well...Those factory 18s are HEAVY

(My car still holds record as a 3.0 and or stock compression)

Anyways, Car is running fantastic, but I was getting some pretty mild blowby. I revised the existing catch can setup because it wasn't working at all...

The new setup works wonderful, and I no longer have any blow by symptoms... I plan to have a custom catch can built later on that will look and fit better.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I also got new wheels and tires for the car. I think they look pretty f-ing fantastic as well.

18x9.5 +30 275/40-18

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Blackmount, 10 March 2017 - 01:02 AM.

#23 Blackmount

Blackmount

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 11:57 AM

So I've been wanting to put heat back in this car just because of how much I drive it, and how much air flows through it, it gets pretty chilly pretty quick.

I was going to put a stock system in it, but it really is quite massive and bulk - there wasn't much room with where I mounted my electrical and everything.

I ended up finding this guy on Summit Racing for 149.99 https://www.summitra...ezNhRoCU0Pw_wcB

It came with everything to install it except hoses.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Cut to length and then made the Fan-Speed Harness look pretty.

Posted Image

Single 14ga Wire to supply power, also made to look pretty-er

Posted Image

Posted Image

I need to make a new cover for this switch panel, the aluminum I used is too thin and bends/dents so easy.

Posted Image

Installed!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Took it out for a test drive last night - Man does this thing work awesome. It was 25*F outside last night, and I was driving around in a T-shirt. Even on the highway the low setting was more then enough to keep the car comfortably warm.

#24 Phantom

Phantom

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 17 March 2017 - 01:06 PM

Was curious about what brand tires those are.

#25 Blackmount

Blackmount

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 01:40 PM

Federal

#26 importwarrior

importwarrior

6 Quests and Counting......

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,156 posts
  • Interests:Boost = 2KWIK4U
    Starquests
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 18 March 2017 - 07:34 AM

The heater system is cool!

B-71 87 TSI ~ RIP

Black 87 Starion ~ Mess SOLD!!!

Proud New 89 slightly Rusted Fiji Owner !!!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users